Chapter 7: The Flowers Dancing in the Beautiful Moonlight

"M-Mai!" Miyako shouted in surprise, "I-is that really you? A-am I dreaming?" The blue haired girl simply smiled at Miyako.

"You can believe what you wish, Miyako. If you belive that I am truly Mai, then I am. If you believe that this is really happening or just a dream, well, we never know." She said to Miyako in a soft tone. Miyako felt like crying. She wanted to just run into her friend's arms and let it all out; her sadness, her loneliness, her burden. But she knew that Mai believed in her. Believed that she, Miyako could overcome this situation. And Miyako knew that breaking down right there on the spot wouldn't help.

"I know that you probably have a lot of questions you want to ask me, I know. But for now, I can only tell you this," Mai began speaking in a soft voice. "This scenery, it's pretty, isn't it?" Mai asked as she walked up to the flowers behind Miyako and admired the scenery. Miyako, why do you think I chose to show you this place?"

"Huh?" Miyako looked confused.

"Think about it. This garden with beautiful flowers, dancing under the luxurious moonlight. Surely, flowers and a peaceful, starry night themselves are beautiful, however, being together makes them both even more attracting. Think about what those words mean to you, Miyako." As she put something into Miyako's palm and closed it, Mai's voice started to fade along with the surroundings.

"No! Mai! Don't leave! Mai!" Miyako cried as she reached out towards her friend.

"Well then, until we meet again, Miyako." Those were Mai's last words as she, smiling once again, faded away along with the beautiful scenery.