Chapter 34: Untouchable Girl

The next month passed by fairly quickly with no big events occurring.

The day of the live arrived and the whole country's attention was towards a certain stadium hall once again.

Miyako sat in front of the makeup mirror in her dressing room with her eyes closed, as if to meditate. She heard the door click, and she was greeted by a group of friends who gave her a determined smile. As the female greeted them back, the idol's past confrontation with her rivals flashed though her head.

***

The condition Miyako had proposed to TriHime was that she could invite someone, more specifically, a certain group to join her on stage, in order to showcase the theme of teamwork.

"Of course, I can't show teamwork without a team, right?" Miyako shrugged, "Besides, no matter who I bring, I believe TriHime, who has been working together every day since years ago would have better teamwork than a group that was brought together just for one live?"

***

"We're going to get ready now," Miyako's friends informed the female who gave them an understanding nod. The door closed and Miyako was left to herself once more. She closed her eyes, let out a heavy breath and opened her eyes again, her pink hues glowing through the mirror. The idol stood up and turned around to face her personal staff who each held up her stage outfit, makeup, and hair utensils. The three staff ladies gave her a cheeky smile and got straight to work.

At the same time, Mio paced through the hallways, her two teammates following close behind.

"Where is her room?" The brunette frantically searched for a certain name pasted on a door.

"Mio, are you serious?" Yuki called out, her and the last of the three trying to stop their leader. Mio had decided to find Miyako's room prior to the live and destroy her outfit. She knew it was petty, but if that would stall the pink haired girl, Mio would do it.

"I don't think this is a good idea," Rei stopped Mio who flipped towards the pigtailed girl.

"And what, stand back and let that...that thing do as she wants?" Mio spat. "Do you not want to win?"

"But I don't think this is how we should win..." Rei murmured.

"Mio, calm down," Yuki stepped in between the two in hopes to calm them down. "What is wrong with you lately?"

"What is wrong with me?" Mio screamed, "What is wrong with you? Especially you, Rei! What is up with your half-assed attitude lately?"

Rei flinched and couldn't manage a sound.

"You don't want to do this nor that and you're just getting in my way! Even before the last event, when we tried to keep Miyako away from the stadium until the live ended, you're the one who let Quartet Night know of her location, weren't you?" Yuki tried to stop Mio from talking so loudly, but the brunette's head showed no chance of cooling down. "Did you think I won't notice you taking Miyako's phone from her pocket? If it weren't for you, we could have completely ruined her reputation!"

Tears started to fall from Rei's face.

"What are you planning?" Mio continued, "Are you playing goody-two shoes in front of Quartet Night or something? Or are you starting to pity your ex-best friend?"

"That's not true!" Rei tried to protest but was cut of by Mio who gave her a growl, spun around and stormed off, followed soon by Yuki who called Mio's name countless times. Rei sunk down, her head hung as she let her tears fall.