Chapter 22: Dragon Decade

The day of the duel live was approaching fast. Miyako was as busy as usual, going from place to place. She still had not decided what she was going to do for the live, but was so busy that she barely had any time to think about it. By the time the pink haired female finally sat down, she was absolutely exhausted. Miyako was in the lounge of a large building, and without much thought, she gazed at her surroundings. The entire architecture of the building itself had a very modern feeling, full of large windows and white and gray used as the base colours. Miyako sank into the white sofa, her view now focused on the high ceiling above her. She began planning for her performance when the condition for the live took over her thoughts.

If Miyako lost, Quartet Night would have to change their agency and she knew that Mio would do anything to prevent them from seeing each other. On the other hand, if TriHime lost, they would disband.

Miyako was lost in thought when a cold sensation made her jolt. She looked up to see Reiji with a can of cold beverage.

"What are you spaced out for?" He asked, handing Miyako the drink.

"It's nothing. Anyways, why are you here, Reiji?" Miyako replied, turning the can in her hand.

"I have schedules planned here soon," he smiled at Miyako, "do you want to go grab something to eat after?"

"Sorry, I'm busy today. Maybe next time," Miyako looked at the time and stood up to return to her work. "Thanks for the drink," she waved the can of beverage at her friend before taking her leave.

Miyako quickly walked across the spacious lounge and made her way down to the room in which she was planned to meet the directors for an upcoming movie. As soon as she turned the corner, her expression turned serious once again.

"Disbandment, huh?" She muttered to herself as she kept walking but at a much slower pace. Suddenly, and excruciating pain shot through Miyako's head, making her stumble and grab the wall beside her. She grabbed her head with her free hand and helped herself up once again. "I must be over stressing things," she thought before collecting herself and continuing to walk down the hall.

The next few days passed by without anything out of the ordinary. Miyako was in her car, heading to her next location when her phone rang. She picked it up, to her a familiar voice on the other end of the phone.

"Hello? Miyako-san?" The voice asked. It was a voice of what seemed to be a teenage boy, just one or two years younger than Miyako.

"Ryuu!" Miyako exclaimed. "How have you been?"

"As good as always," he replied, "how about you?"

"Same as always!" Miyako smiled, happy to hear the voice of a close acquaintance. "What's up with the sudden call?"

"You see, about that... we have a live concert planned later, but Hibiki suddenly got injured and it looks like he can't make it... So I was wondering if you could fill in for him just for today?" His voice was delicate and got quieter by the word, as if her felt sorry for what he was saying. "Ah! I'm sorry to ask you for such a request even though I know you're busy! But I don't know anyone else who could learn and play a part of a piece as fast and well as you could, and we don't have much time left so..."

"I see. If it's Hibiki, he's on the guitar, huh? Let me check my plans for the day. When is the concert?" Miyako asked, checking her schedule.

"It's from seven to eight thirty in the evening."

"Good, it seems like I don't have anything planned then, so I can come help."