Chapter 35: Downfall

The lights to the stage dimmed, slowing coming to pitch black, as Miyako and Dragon decade stepped off the descended platform, making their way backstage. Soon, the lights turned on again and TriHime appeared in the spotlight, greeting the audience with a smile.

"Good job out there," Quartet Night greeted the performers backstage.

"You really did them out there," Reiji grinned in satisfaction.

"With this, the chance of our victory has increased by 20%," Mikaze noted, his voice as monotonous as ever, but somewhere in his robotic body, he could feel something tugging at him, a sensation unknown to the artificial being. He shrugged it off.

"Thanks guys," Miyako accepted a plastic waterbottle that a staff slid towards her and observed a large screen as TriHime started their second song. "Of course, thanks to you guys too," Miyako looked back towards Dragon Decade and smiled wholeheartedly, "But I'll save the formal thanks for after we've won. It's not over yet." Miyako turned her attention back towards the screen and narrowed her eyes towards her rivals.

"Isn't it practically over?" Ranmaru spat, "I mean, I highly doubt TriHime would be able to top that."

Miyako chuckled. "We never know. I only planted the seeds. Whether they will flourish and bear it's fruits, that is to see."

As Trihime neared their first chorus, a staff signalled for Miyako to get ready for her next stage. The idol nodded and started her way towards her dressing room. Upon arrival, she immediately turned on her TV, the screen showing TriHime once again. Not taking her eyes off the screen, Miyako started getting changed into a different outfit. Being trained to change quickly, Miyako was perfectly fitted in no moments. She wore a black pair of high waisted shorts with three rows of two gold buttons going down the front. A tight red off the shoulder blouse was tucked into the pants, the sleeves long and flowing out into light ruffles. A black satin choker was clipped around her pale neck, a gold pearl stud earring on one ear and a matching dangle earring with the pearl as a stud and a small gold feather hanging down from a thin chain to create a mismatched look. Her makeup was the same as before with a thin blend of scarlet eyeshadow over her soft yet smokey black eyeliner and cherry red tinted lips. The left side of her hair was pinned back towards the right, her hair nicely curled at the ends and placed over right right shoulder.

Miyako watched as TriHime ran about the stage. At that moment, Miyako noticed that TriHime was starting to mess up their steps. Little by little, they started making more mistakes and eventually, Rei stumbled into Mio. The short leader frowned but quickly put on a sweet façade again for the fans and Rei followed her lead, but her smile was awkward and forced because she knew she will hear a word of two from Mio afterwards.

The performance somehow pulled to an end, the audience quite disappointed in the faults but still cheering loudly nonetheless. Mio stomped off the stage, the two other tagging close behind.

"What-" Mio spun around towards her teammates, "What was that about?" She exclaimed, clearly furious. "Yuki, are you even trying? Your timing was clearly off and your actions were lacking enthusiasm. And Rei!"

The said girl flinched.

"That part was the most important part, the main performance! How could you bump into me? That ruined it!"

Water started to well up in Rei's eyes. She knew she made a mistake but for some reason, she could not stop her tears from falling.

"Hey, Mio, keep it at that, why don't you? This isn't the time to be fighting amongst ourselves-" Yuki tried to stop the two but she was cut off by a certain voice.

"Yuki's right you know," Miyako appeared behind Mio, the Dragon Decade members close behind her. "Is it really a time to be arguing amongst yourselves? You have another song to sing, you know." Miyako put a hand on Mio's shoulder but the shorter female just slapped it away.