Chapter 5: Honoka Mai's End

"What are you guys doing," Miyako had an unimpressed expression.

"Well...Miyako you see..." Reiji stuttered.

"Miyako-senpai! Please don't get mad at Reiji-senpai and the other upperclassmen!" Otoya pleaded.

"They didn't do anything wrong! We begged them to tell us!" Natsuki added. Miyako sighed as she looked over at the STARISH members and then at their upperclassmen.

"I guess you can't help it. I figured that you guys will know sooner or later," Miyako sighed. "You already heard most of the story from Reiji." The STARISH members didn't know what to do. Although they really wanted to know the rest of the story, they didn't want Miyako to feel worse.

"You guys want to know what happened after that right?" Miyako spoke as if she read their mind.

"Ah! It's okay if you don't want to talk about it," Syo muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"It's fine. If I were in your spot, I would have been curious too," Miyako crosed her arms and scrunched slightly as she started. "I visited Mai-chan at the hospital everyday until...she passed away." Although they were expecting something like this, the STARISH members were all so shocked that none of them could even let out a sound.

"I saw her, slowly losing consciousness. Even though I was there, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even call a doctor. All I could do was sit there, shocked, unable to do anything. I cried, holding onto her hand, and I kept repeating 'don't go, don't leave me, Mai-chan'. I couldn't help it. I was in a panic. Soon, Reiji, and the others brought the doctor, but it was to late." Miyako bit her bottom lip as she tried to keep her tears from falling all over again. "It was all my fault. If only I had acted faster..." The tears she tried to keep in started falling slowly and quietly. The room was in complete silence. The STARISH members all looked at Miyako in pity. Ranmaru was the first to react. He went up to his dear friend who had her head down as tears dropped down her cheek and pulled her towards him. Miyako was surprised as he gently embraced her. Even though they felt bad for Miyako, the STARISH members were slightly shocked at Ranmaru's sudden action. He didn't know why, but he felt like he had to support her somehow, and his body practically started moving on his own.

Miyako quickly collected herself once more and continued. "Since then, Mai's disappearance caused some uproar, but true JEWELS fans know what exactly happened to her. Soon the whole incident cooled down, along with JEWELS' fame." After explaining the results, Miyako excused herself from the room and went outside to calm down a little.

"I showed my weak side to others again..." She thought. The light breeze blew through her hair and slightly shook the branches on trees. She walked towards the lake nearby. That place was one of her favourite places to relax. The deadline to choose the songs for the anniversary concert was nearing but she didn't feel like going through her songs at the moment. She closed her eyes and relaxed. She sat there for a few minutes, and when Miyako figured that she had cooled down enough, she started heading back towards the dorms to start getting ready for work that afternoon. On the way back, The pink haired female ran into Ranmaru again in the halls.

"Hey you okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah," She replied, brushing her side hair away from her face and behind her ear.

"That's good to hear," Ranmaru said as he continued walking past the female, his eyes closed.

"Hey Ranmaru," She called out and Ranmaru paused as Miyako continued, "Thanks...for earlier." And Miyako continued walking down the hall in the opposite direction of Ranmaru, towards her room.