Chapter 21: Fight Like Yourself

"If only you didn't kill her."

Those words roamed Miyako head constantly for the next few days. She had trouble concentrating and spent most of her time zoned out. The others started to worry about her greatly. She lost her appetite, couldn't sleep and started looking pale and frail.

She was at her desk, papers spread out everywhere, with a pencil in hand. She was staring blankly into space again, and didn't even notice as Haruka came into the room and called her name multiple times.

"Senpai?" Miyako finally snapped out of her zone when she heard her underclassmen call out loudly.

"Ah, sorry, what were you saying?" Miyako asked with a tired smile.

"I was just trying to tell you that there is breakfast ready downstairs," the orange haired female replied calmly.

"Is that so? Thank you," Miyako stood up and made her way to the door when she stumbled. Her fatigue and stress was finally getting the better of her. Miyako grabbed the wall with one hand and her head in the other in order to keep herself up.

"Are you okay?" Haruka rushed to her side.

"Yeah. I'm fine," Miyako tried to put on her best smile, but it was very weak. She tried to walk to the door, but collapsed, landing on the floor with a thud.

"Miyako-senpai!" Haruka shouted as she tried to break Miyako's fall. That was the last thing she remembered before she blacked out.

When Miyako opened her eyes, it was dark outside. She was on her bed, a cold towel on her forehead.

"Ah, you awake?" A voice asked from beside her. Miyako turned her face to see Reiji sitting on a chair by the bedside. "Seriously, do you know how worried I was when Haruka-chan came down panicking about how you fainted?" His expression was his usual playful face, but his voice was full of worry.

"Sorry," Miyako sat up, "I didn't mean to make you guys worry about me."

"I think you should be saying that to Haruka-chan instead. She was pretty shaken up."

"Yeah," Miyako muttered as Reiji stood up.

"Well, I know that you're okay now, so I'll let you rest." He said as he made his way to the door. He stopped before the door and turned around. "You know, if there is something bothering you, don't keep it to yourself, okay? Not only me but everyone else cares about you a lot, and we want to help you. You don't have to suffer alone, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Reiji," Miyako smiled, which Reiji returned. As soon as he left, Miyako's smile disappeared as she looked down at the towel in her hands. "Thanks, but only if I could..."

The next morning, Miyako went up to Haruka and apologized for all the trouble she has caused her.

"It's all right. I'm just glad that you are okay," she beamed, "But when I when I told the other upperclassmen about what happened, they were all really worried."Kotobuki-senpai and Kurosaki-senpai ran to you as soon as they heard the news. Camus-senpai called your manager right away to inform him of the situation and made sure you got the day off, and Mikaze-senpai went to go get medicine and a cold towel."

"Is that so...Sorry," Miyako muttered, grabbing her left arm tightly. "But I'm okay now that I got some sleep. I should hurry and make up for my schedule I missed yesterday. See you later." Miyako waved at Haruka and left.

She got back to her room and started to get ready for a busy day. She changed into a white knee-high cotton skirt and blouse, a thin navy cardigan on top. Looking into her reflection in the mirror, she slapped her cheeks really hard and put on a determined expression.

"I need to get myself together. For the others too," she thought to herself before heading out.

Miyako was practically running from one place to another, taking care of her busy schedule. By the time she finally got a break, she was sinking into a chair, exhausted. She closed her eyes and the words Mio said rang in her head. Miyako opened her eyes and sighed quietly. She tried to clear her mind, but it was overloaded with the thoughts about the duel live. She put a hand above her chest where the necklace from Mai glittered and let out a sigh once more. She closed her eyes and with that, she drifted into a light slumber.

"Miyako. Mi~yako," A voice called out and Miyako opened her eyes to be greeted by the bright sunlight. The chair she dozed off in was replaced with a large tree and she was surrounded with a field of green grass and beautiful flowers. A certain blue haired female stood leaning towards her who smile to see that her friend was awake.

"It's a nice weather, isn't it?" Mai asked, turning towards the large field that spread out before them.

"Yeah," Miyako replied in a soft voice.

"Miyako, you're lost, aren't you?" Mai asked suddenly, her back still faced towards her pink haired friend. "What would you sing? How would you capture the audiences' attention through your performance? No, you're lost about something else too right? Something you would rather not have me say."

Miyako simply looked down with a sad expression at her friend's remarks. Seeing this, Mai sighed.

"You haven't changed one bit, have you?"

Miyako didn't reply and silence fell between the two females.

"TriHime is preparing for their performance. It looks like they are planning something big," Mai informed, "It's no surprise, considering that they are a performance based group."

Miyako recalled all the eye-catching performances that TriHime performed. "Is that so," she muttered.

"Miyako," Mai turned to her pink haired friend, "You don't have to push yourself. You should fight like you, with your music and style. It's okay, I will always be with you."

Miyako looked up and Mai gave her a warm smile. Miyako smiled back with a small nod and she woke up.

"Fight like me..." Miyako murmured to herself as she put the back of her hand on her face.