Chapter 29: Crisis or Chance

Miyako made her way backstage, using the nearest walls or objects to help support her when nobody was around. She returned to the area underneath the stage, waiting for TriHime's second performance to come to an end. This time, TriHime wore shoes with wheels that lit up fixed on the bottom, sliding smoothly around the stage as they sang. As the song ended, the three idols created a heart by gliding rapidly, leaving a trace of light behind them.

The fans cheered loudly as the finished their stage and the members of TriHime waved and blew kisses at the audience and camera.

Miyako was concentrated solely on her next performance which could be seen through her closed eyes and calm, meditating expression. She could tell that TriHime's performance had ended by the audience's screams which suddenly became louder. The pink haired idol opened her eyes and fiddled with the black microphone in her hands, a habit of hers that would pop out occasionally.

A backstage staff that was managing the entrance times turned to the pink haired idol, signalling that it was time for her to step on stage. He helped her onto the rising platform which was pulled down prior to the idol's arrival. Miyako exhaled slowly and put on her usual cool expression as the staff held up three fingers towards her.

Three... Two... One.

{Song: Flower of Sorrow
By: Hanatan (Originally by Hatsune Miku)}

I'm a flower
A flower of sorrow
Tozasareta kokoro no yami ni
Nibiiro no hi o tomosu
Nageki no michibiku mama ni

The staff counted down using his fingers and pointed towards Miyako as the platform slid up, levelling itself with the rest of the stage while the idol started singing. A smoke effect rapidly filled the stage, making it seem like Miyako appeared amidst foggy clouds. Miyako immediately regretted selecting two intense songs to perform as the pain in her head, which seemed to ease up after taking the painkillers, returned. The idol however, with her professional mind, kept a steady and composed attitude as she came into full view, her eye makeup glittering in the light.

The large screen behind her flashed an animated video of a scarlet red flower blooming like a water drop creating a ripple and the whole stage was illuminated in a bright red colour.

Tada hitasura ni akogareteta
Osanai koro ni yumemita koufuku no katachi o
Kimi no tame nara don'na itami mo itowanai to
Hitori kokoro ni chikatta

Hisoka ni nagasu namida sae mo ai no
Michi shirube da to shinjiteita

The pink haired female raised her left hand slowly as she sang, reaching out to her fans in a loose motion. The screen now switched to a dark red and purple colour, showing a girl falling into a pool of back roses. On the stage, now illuminated in a deep magenta to match the screen, Miyako sang, cold sweat was running down her forehead and her vision becoming hazy. The idol forced a cool smile nevertheless, trying to make up for her ghostly pale face.

I'm a flower
Kuroku somaru hanabira o hitori chira shite
Garasu goshi ni miru sekai o furueru yubi de nazotta
Chikakute tooi Kimi no sono hohoemi dake ga kitto
Watashi no shiawase da to kokoro ni kizami tsukete

By now, Miyako could not even concentrate of her performance, yet thanks to her tremendous amount of practice, she continued to sing subconsciously. The lyrics were flowing out of the idol's mouth even as her gaze wavered. Her movements were much slower now, and the loud cheers of the fans stared to sound like groans, dragging the girl down.

The Goddess of Music [UtaPri fanfic]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara