Chapter 13: I Want to Perform at the Concert!

A soft knock was heard on the door of Shining Saotome's room, followed by a "come in". Miyako stepped inside and bowed slightly.

"Ah, Miss Miyako, welcome back," he greeted the pink haired individual. "What brings you here?"

"Shining-san, I'm sure you already know why I am here today," Miyako paused before continuing, "Please, let me continue the preperations for the concert." 

"Miss Miyako, do you how little time is left before the concert? Do you think you can finish all the preperations until then? And there's the concert. Look at the position you're in. Can you satisfy the whole audience in the state you are surrently in?" Miyako stayed still at those words of Shining Saotome. Miyako clenched her fists and looked at Shining Saotome with determined eyes.

"Even if I have to skip breaks and work overtime, I will finish all of the preperations before the concert. I will make sure to satisfy the audience. I want to sing. I want to deliver my song, Mai's song to everyone! So please, let me go on stage." Miyako bowed deeply.

"But Miss Miyako, if delivering your song is your goal, then you can do it after you rest a little longer and when you are back in top position," Saotome mentioned.

"No," Miyako shook her head. "I want to deliver Mai's last melody on the day she debuted. I want her final song to be performed on the day as she started, and I'm sure that what Mai would have wanted too. So please, let me perform at the anniversary concert."

"Miss Miyako. No one told you that you are not allowed to perform at the concert," Saotome turned around and looked out his window.

Miyako was surprised. "Eh? But just a moment ago, you said-"

"I was testing you, of course!" Saotome looked back at the pink haired female and laught slightly. "Miss Miyako, you have proven your determination. I think you can do it." Miyako's face brightened immediately at the words of Shining Saotome.

"Thank you very much," Miyako beamed.

"Now shouldn't you start the preperations again, Miss Miyako? You don't have a lot of time, you know," Shining Saotome reminded Miyako.

"Yes! I'll do my best!" Miyako bowed once again and left the room. She closed the door in front of her, and took a deep breath.

"3 and-" A familiar voice signaled quietly as Miyako turned around to find confetti falling down on her right after a small "bang". Reiji, Ranmaru, Mikaze, and Camus greeted Miyako with a smile, each with a party popper in hand.

"Congratulations," the four congratulated Miyako.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Miyako asked teasingly.

"What? No!- well sort of...," Reiji shrugged.

"The night we first visited you at the hospital, Reiji said he had an "idea". We knew that because of the sudden accident, you will be falling behind schedule and going on stage after that will be hard, but we knew that that wouldn't stop you from going on stage. So Reiji went ahead and asked the President to let you perform in the live. Shining Saotome left us off with a "we'll see" so we came to check if he approved," Ranmaru explained calmly.

"Thanks guys, but it really isn't that much to celebrate..." Miyako rubbed the back of her neck slightly.

"Eh? But I was just trying to cheer you up, right, Ran-Ran?" Reiji looked at his silver haired teammate.

"Thanks. It really cheered me up," Miyako chuckled.

"Now we have to clean this up before Mr.Saotome finds out," Miyako remarked as she reached down to the colourful fallen confetti.

"Ah, let us clean up!" Reiji exclamed and crouched down.

"You have a lot to do right?" Camus added.

"According to my calculations, you have a 10% better chance of finishing in time if you start now," Mikaze spoke emotionlessly. Miyako stood there for a moment, admiring her friends' kindness.

"Thank you...," she smiled and turned around to get going when a hand grabbed her wrist, turning her back towards the four male members.

"Wait a moment," Ranmaru said as he raised his hand towards Miyako's head. Miyako flinched slight at the movements of her silver haired friend. Ranmaru gently brushed confetti pieces off of Miyako's head.

"There," he gently patted her head.

"T-thanks..." Miyako studdered slightly and left with a "later then". Because it was late already, recording her new song would be hard, so deciding to practice her other songs instead, she headed towards the practice room.

On the other side of the door, Shining Saotome looked out his window while listening to what was happening outside. After a moment of silence, he smiled slightly.