Chapter 26: Barely in Time

"Miyako has...disappeared."

The four male idols' eyes widened at Takahiro's words.

"Could you explain the details of what happened?" Reiji questioned the manager, unable to grasp the situation properly.

"You see... Actually, she told me that she was going to go get some air a few hours ago but she hasn't come back since. She hasn't been picking up her phone either," Takahiro explained in a hurry, "But the thing is, before she left, I think she got a text from someone. When she checked her phone, her face was dark for a split second."

"A text?" Ranmaru muttered as the four idols exchanged glances.

"What time did Miyako leave?" Reiji asked.

"Around noon."

"Four hours ago," Mikaze noted.

"Alright. We will search for her on this side as well," Camus assured and they hung up. The four nodded at each other and ran in four different directions, each heading to places where Miyako could be.

They searched every street and every corner, running around for an hour and half, without even taking a second to catch their breath. They finally stopped their feet when the four ran into each other once again. Based on their expressions, the four knew immediately that none of them were successful in finding the whereabouts of Miyako. Having searched everywhere possible, they did not know what to do anymore as their shoulders slumped in defeat.

In that exact moment, a message arrived to Reiji's phone, and the four closed in, trying to see the message as well. Upon a close look, the registered name read "Miya-Miya", the nickname Reiji game Miyako when they first met.

"Miyako?" The males read out simultaneously and opened the message right away.

However, much to their dismay, the text did not seem to be from the one they were desperately looking for. The mysterious message read:

--

To: Reiji
From: Miya-Miya
--------
Go to the warehouse by the large Oak tree in Tsukisora Park.

--

The members of Quartet Night were confused at the peculiar message. Nevertheless, they rushed to the location indicated in the text and burst open the rusted doors to find Miyako tied to a wooden chair in the middle of the room. Reiji and Ranmaru ran back out to get Reiji's car while Mikaze and Camus rushed to Miyako who seemed unconscious. They untied the knots binding the female's arms, legs and torso to the chair and shook her in attempts to see if she was okay.

"Miyako...Miyako!" Mikaze and Camus called out as the pink haired female's eyes started to open slowly.

"Mi...kaze...Camus...Where...are we?" Miyako asked as she regained consciousness and noticed the unfamiliar surroundings.

"How do you feel? Are you okay?" Camus asked, his voice rather shaken up.

"She seems okay except a few minor bruises on her legs," Mikaze noted after scanning Miyako's state.

"I'm okay, really. In fact, I was able to get some sleep so I actually feel better than before!" Miyako smiled at her concerned friends to show that she was really okay. The sincere smile was enough to convince the two males, but they failed to notice the darkness that flashed past Miyako's eyes as she stood up. The female's vision became slightly blurry and her head ached. She tried to blink the blur away but the pain in her head was the only thing that increased every time she forced her eyes closed. However, Miyako, being an expert at hiding her expression and pain, kept a calm figure as if nothing was bothering her at all.