Chapter 10: Miyako's What?!

"This melody...It's the melody I heard her play on the piano the other night..." Ranmaru thought as he glanced through the music sheets.

"Well then, we should make up lyrics that won't lose to Miyako's melody!" Reiji shouted in excitement. Reiji, Ranmaru, Mikaze and Camus all smiled back at her dear friend. Miyako smiled back at them and looked down with a sad face, her previous dream flowing through her head like a river.

"Miyako, are you okay?" Reiji asked, worried.

"I'm fine!" Miyako rised her head and faked a smile. The Quartet Night members looked at her, clearly noticing that there was something wrong.

"We should go practice now!" Miyako said as cheerfully as she could, but it was very hard for her in her current state.

Miyako soon left the room and started walking down the hallways, absent-minded. So much has happened in a few days that it made Miyako dizzy just be thinking about it.

"Miyako," a familiar robotic voice was heard from behind, snapping Miyako out of her zone. "Miyako, are you okay?" Miyako turned around to see her close friend Mikaze looking at her.

"Hmm? I'm perfectly fine! Why do you ask?" Miyako smiled forcefully.

"If you say that you're okay then fine, but you seem really down lately," Miyako hung her head slightly at these words. "Just remember. Don't try to take on everything by yourself. Don't be scared to come talk to us," He said as he waved and walked off.

Miyako stood there for a moment but then a smile came across her face and she hurried outside to her favourite spot. The water in the lake was clear, showing Miyako's reflection like a mirror. Miyako quickly turned on a song on her tablet and started dancing to it.

On top of her idol activities, in the day, she practiced, now clearly aware which songs she will perform, and at night, she wrote the lyrics for her new song. Every day, she practiced as the day of the concert came close.

It was finally only a few days before the concert. Ranmaru was on his chair listening to Quartet Night's new song over and over again when suddenly, his phone started to ring. The screen lit up as it showed Miyako's name.

"Hello?" He asked as he answered the call.

"Hello? Is this someone familiar with the owner of this phone?" A male voice at the other end spoke rather in a hurry.

"Yes...I am her friend...Who might you be?" Ranmaru asked, getting this sudden alarmed feeling.

"I am just a driver that was passing by. I was driving behind this person's car about fifteen meters away and there was another car beside them. Anyways, that stuff isn't important. You see, I think the driver that was in the car beside your friend's was drunk. He was swerving a lot and then he suddenly jerked sideways and sped up, crashing into your friend's car," he explained, trying to remain calm, but his voice was shaking.

"WHAT! Where is she now? Is she okay?!" Ranmaru flooded the man on the other end with questions.

"She's unconscious and I think she damaged her head. She's being transported to Maihana Hospital right now," he explained.

"I-I'll get there right now!" Ranmaru said as he quickly hung up his phone and ran out, grabbing a nearby jacket. on the way out, her ran into Reiji and Mikaze who were back from buying some snacks.

"Ran-Ran? Why are you in such a hurry?" Reiji asked.

"Mi-Miyako's in the hospital!" Ranmaru replied in a hurry.

"Miyako's what?!" Reiji screamed and Mikaze looked the the silver haired boy wide eyed.