Chapter 3: Honoka Mai's Last Melody

[Author's note: Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for not updating, I had a huge writer's block. But I'm back now, and before continuing to read this chapter, I made some changes and corrections to the previous chapters and parts, so I suggest you take a small look at them. Thanks for reading my fanfics~]

Miyako quietly went back to her room and slipped into her bed without trying to wake Haruka up, who was sleeping soundly in her bed across from Miyako's. As she tried to go to sleep, another melody popped into her head. She heard this melody somewhere before, but she was sure that it wasn't an official song and she only remembered parts of it. Miyako jumped out of her bed and rushed towards her desk and started jotting down notes.

It was around 7:00 am when Haruka Nanami woke up to find her senpai at her desk, jotting something down, then crumpling the paper and throwing it away into the garbage can beside her. The garbage can was now almost completely full of crumpled paper. Looking like she was in deep thought, Miyako started jotting down notes once more. When Haruka went up to see what her senpai was writing down, she noticed that Miyako was writing down a melody, and so far it was amazing.

"No wonder she's being called as 'the goddess of composing'," Haruka thought. Just then, Miyako noticed presence of her underclassmen behind her, and quickly turned around to greet her.

"Oh, sorry, was I making too much noise?" Miyako asked the orange haired girl.

"Oh, no, not at all. It's time for me to wake up anyways..." Haruka replied. A short silence filled the room.

"It's a beautiful melody. Were you up all night composing?" Haruka broke the silence.

"Oh, this? Yeah. I guess I was so into it that I lost track of time... It's just... I feel like it's missing something... And I'm trying to figure it out," Miyako looked out the window beside her desk.

"Maybe you should take a break, senpai!" Haruka suggested.

"Maybe I should... Hey do you have time? If you do, do you want to go eat something?" Miyako turned back smiling.

"I'm sorry, but I have work. Maybe next time though," Haruka apologized.

"It's fine. Your work is important, after all. We can go next time," I smiled, "then I'll go take a short walk."

"I should probably get ready too," Haruka said as she walked towards the washroom.

"See you later then," Miyako waved as she left the room.

Miyako walked around the dormitory trying to cool her head off. She had a photoshoot and a commercial shooting planned for that afternoon, but this morning was free, giving her some time to relax. As she walked around thinking about the melody that she was working on earlier this moring, she remembered where it was from. It was her... Honoka Mai's (read Mai Honoka the English way) last, unfinished melody. Miyako was too focused and wasn't looking where she was going and ended up bumping into someone.

"Sorry!" The female apologized and looked up to see Ranmaru standing there.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," She replied, smiling and reverting her posture.

"Yesterday, at night, I heard you play the piano. Is it a new song?" Ranmaru put his hands behind his head as he looked over.

"Yeah..." She looked down, "And I'm working on another one. But this one isn't originated from me."

"What do you mean?" Ranmaru looked confused.

"The original melody...is her last melody.."

"Wait, by 'she', are you talking about Honoka Mai?" Ranmaru interrupted.

"Yes...the original melody...was Mai-chan's very last melody," Miyako continued calmly, but spoke in a sad tone, "although, it wasn't complete. So I'm trying to finish it for her. It was her last favor."