"What do you mean?" I sniffled.

"I mean, if we end up on different paths I want you to put this on to remember the love we have now and we will forever have." 

I let Chase slide the ring onto my finger, and I took the time to admire the beautiful stone and the amazing man putting it on my finger. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his soft lips. "I love it, but why?"

Chase shot me one of his infamous grins, "The stone represents new beginnings and when I think of you, I think of every milestone we cross and how lucky I am to have you. You will always be my new beginning."

"And you are mine, forever." I whispered back.

I slid the ring on my finger, immediately feeling the passion I felt the night he gifted it to me. Nothing mattered at that moment, nothing but him and I and for that I will always keep fighting. I grabbed my clutch and headed towards Beck's car. He leaned over, kissing my cheek lightly before he zoomed off. He held onto my hand and touched my ring.

"Where'd you get that?" He asked. 

I admired the ring and smiled, "I guess I found it."

"It's nice. I could get you a million more if you really like the stone." He offered.

I shook my head and politely declined, "That's okay, this one is more than enough."

It was, and would always be enough. If anything was gonna get me through the night, it would be this rainbow moonstone and the person behind it symbolized. Chase said it meant I was his new beginning but to me it was so much more than that. It was our future, our past, and our present. He was my rainbow moonstone.

Arriving at the Addeo's, immediately my door was opened and a white gloved hand was extended. I took it and was led out of the car, Beck interlocked his hand with mine and soon enough I realized this wasn't any small dinner. There were cars behind ours, and people were walking up the long concrete stairs. The Addeo's sure outdid themselves.

"I thought this was a small dinner?" I asked as we walked up the stairs.

Beck chuckled, "Trust me, this is. Dad invited all of his close friends to celebrate tonight."

"And what's tonight?" 

"Let's just say the company is expanding massively." He pridefully boasted before leading me into the home. 

As we entered the room was scattered with people serving food on trays and people dressed to impress. Some older men were in suits while the women were in dresses. Good thing I tried my best to dress to impress the upscale family. Beck led me towards a room that had a very long table with people already seated. I saw our names in beautiful cursive handwriting but didn't fail to see the beautiful boldness of the card next to mine. 'Chase.' Oh God, I was sure in for it tonight.

Beck didn't seem to notice since he had seated himself at the table and began to chat with some random man next to him. I pulled out my own chair and looked around the table hoping someone familiar would also be here, but the seats in front of me were empty and the one that I was hoping would fill up was also void. 

I listened in on Beck's conversation but immediately tuned out hating the topic of golf. I swear that's all rich people did. As I began a mini rant over golf, the chair next to me pulled out and the same cologne that had toppled me over a couple days before filled my lungs. I turned my head, and took in his gorgeous appearance. He fit into his crisp black suit so well, and his hair was perfectly swept to the side. He looked absolutely breathtaking.

"Ava.." He breathily said.

His blue eyes held onto mine for what seemed like forever. Immediately I snapped out of it, knowing where it would lead us. "Chase, good to see you again." I said.

He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by his outspoken girlfriend. "Ava! Green is so your color." Cartia said, surprising me and Chase.

I wondered why she was even complimenting me, or why she had decided to acknowledge my presence.  Instead of questioning it, and risk blowing my cover I smiled back. "Thanks Cartia, you look beautiful as well."

Chase narrowed his eyes at me but I dodged it instead. Thankfully Beck was done with his conversation and acknowledged my presence. I could feel him tense as he saw who I was sat next to. Good.

"Babe," He said saying it a bit louder than intended, "Want to switch spots? I wanted to talk to Chase about the playoffs."

No thanks sicko! I loved sitting this close to Chase, way more than I should have. It felt as if the closer I was with him the more I could pretend none of this had ever happened. I liked pretending. 

"I don't really feel like standing up, could you just talk over me?" I asked with my nicest voice.

Beck didn't look convinced so I had to act quick. I had a feeling he knew why I really wanted to sit here so I kissed him deeply in front of Chase and Cartia. "Okay, fine. Only if you keep kissing me like that all night." He teased.

"You got it babe." I said sweetly. 

"So since you're dating my brother now, I think it's safe to say we could all go on a double date! I know daddy would love to see us bonding." Cartia excitedly spoke.

Oh God, anything but that. 

Chase put his arm behind Cartia's chair and smirked, "I don't think they want to see us when we're alone."

Excuse me? I knew their relationship was fake but were they hooking up as well? I could feel my fists clench in anger, hating how his arm was resting next to hers. Seeing her inch closer to Chase, knowing that was meant to be me not her. Before I could throw a bitch fit, a family of three pulled out their seats in front of me. I softly gasped, already knowing this night was going to be a bigger shit show.

Chase and Beck glanced at me worriedly as I stared at the man in front of me in shock. "Honey, what's wrong?" Beck asked glancing at me and at the man in front of me.

I got a glimpse of the middle aged woman looking at me and finally realizing who I was. She whispered something to her partner before he nodded his head and smiled at me.

"Ava, what a surprise!" He spoke, grinning with excitement. It made me sick.

"Is that.." Chase whispered softly in my ear.

I turned to him and deadpanned, "My dad."

"Oh fuck." He cursed.

Those two words described my life perfectly.

A fucking shit show.

***