Chapter 2: Beginnings Are Overrated

"This is the coolest thing ever

"This is the coolest thing ever." I said taking in the beautiful view. Chase had brought me to the empty UCLA football stadium. It was awesome, considering I had never been in a stadium before the sight was amazing. To think my boyfriend would be playing here every Saturday was so cool to me. The entire crowd watching his every move, seeing his face on the jumbotron while I'm cheering him on in the stands was so exhilarating to me. 

"It's exactly how I imagined it to be when I was little." Chase said from behind me.

I turned to face him, he was looking at me with a serious expression. "Even better than Western Michigan?"

"A million times better, this is my dream Ave." 

"Then why would you consider Western Michigan?" I curiously asked, knowing where this conversation was going to go.

Chase's face pitied me, and I instantly began to regret the question. "I- you were going to Michigan to find some answers for your dad, and I just didn't want you to do it alone."

I could feel my face drop, he was going to risk his dream to help me. I felt awful, and should've asked more about him. For heavens sake, we were going to be celebrating our one year soon. "Ava? Are you okay?" Chase said zoning me back in to our conversation.

I wiped my sweaty hands on my shorts, "Hm? Yeah, I just feel bad."

"What? Don't, it was going to be my decision." He said pleading with me.

His words still cut through me, If I would have gotten into Michigan State he would've risked his entire wellbeing just to be with me. His dreams, everything he had worked for, all for me to meet my stupid dad who wants nothing to do with me. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Chase's phone began to ring, he pulled it up to his ear. 

Chase's face morphed into a concerned one, "What? I thought practice was pulled until 5."

I couldn't hear the other end of the phone call, but whatever they were saying worried me Chase was going to be late to practice. I couldn't keep almost ruining his chances.

"Shit, okay I'm going to drop Ava off and I'll just be late." Chase hung up the call and looked at me sorrowful, "Babe, I'm sorry. I guess practice got moved up. I'll text you once it's over."

Chase started walking towards his car and I knew it would be dumb if he took me home when his practice was literally at the stadium. "Chase, don't be late. I'll just walk home, okay?"

He looked at me, "What? No. The dorms are like a twenty-minute walk from here."

I grabbed his face, "I will be fine, now get your ass to that practice before I drag you down there."

Chase laughed at me and kissed me passionately, "I'd love to see you drag me down there, now that I think of it."

I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed him away, "Get down there, and make sure your coach knows who needs to start next Saturday, okay?"