Chapter 20: Hugh Hefner and his Unfortunate Bunnies

"Listen Avalon, you tell me if you're serious about this career because I am ready to pave the way for you

"Listen Avalon, you tell me if you're serious about this career because I am ready to pave the way for you." Arabella's- well, my soon to be agent said to me.

"I think I'm ready Marina, I want to do this." I said with full confidence.

"Great, I'm going to step out for just a moment but go ahead and sign these papers and you are all set!" Marina said before stepping out.

Arabella squealed next to me as I signed, "Oh my god! This is so amazing isn't it? I finally have a model bff I don't have to pretend to like!"

I stopped mid-signature to stare at her weirdness, "Anywho."

Marina stepped back in, "Everything signed?"

"Yep!" I excitedly said giving her the paperwork. "When do I begin?"

"Well, Arabella is shooting in a couple hours if you don't mind doing it as well." She said.

I nodded my head quickly, and soon enough Arabella and I were headed out into the town. We went into a small building filled with all kinds of models. We were rushed off to hair and makeup and got dressed into extravagant outfits. On the way to the shoot, Arabella had explained that this shoot was for an upcoming perfume ad. I had on a pair of dark shimmery trousers and a white bandeau. I wore glitter boots, and my hair was pulled back into a sleek bun. 

As I made my way to the designated area I noticed Mateo wearing black dress pants and an opened white dress shirt. He had on a silver chain and his hair was parted neatly to the side. "Mi amor, I found you."

"Found me?"

"Yeah, I chose you as my partner for the shoot. We're going to look spectacular together." Mateo said dragging me to the shoot area outside. 

They had managed to stop a side of the road for a huge limousine with diamond accents. The shoot was odd to say the least, I saw two male models sitting on the roof of the limo, getting action shots taken of them.

"This is insane, how do we even do this?" I asked curious.

"Follow my lead." Mateo said winking, taking the spot of the two models from before. 

Mateo shoved me in the limo and extended his hand out. The photographers began taking photos of us posing. Mateo was caressing my hand, and I was posing as if I were an important business woman. Then, an idea popped in my head and I positioned Mateo on the floor with his knee up and I decided to do a boss lady move and put my glittered boot on his leg and posed. 

"Amazing, what is your name new girl?" One of the photographers asked.

"Avalon." I said smiling.

The photographer nodded, "Beautiful."

I smiled and silently thanked them. Mateo and I went off to the main room, and I hugged him in excitement. "Did you hear that!?" I squealed.

"You were made for this." Mateo said kissing my cheek lightly. I gave him a weird look, silently hoping he meant it in a friendly way.