Chapter 17: Once More

I walked up to Mateo's apartment feeling completely numb inside

I walked up to Mateo's apartment feeling completely numb inside. Tears still seemed to find their way out of my eyes. Mateo unlocked the apartment and Arabella stood up, walking quickly towards me. "What happened?" She asked leading me towards the living room.

"He..He-" I tried to say, but I began bawling again. I hated being like this, feeling so weak and vulnerable. This wasn't me, how did I let myself get like this. 

Mateo and Arabella stepped out of the room, and I could hear Mateo silently explaining everything to her. Then I heard the door open from the bedroom, and her marching towards the door. "I'll kill him!" She exasperated.

"No, please." I pleaded.

She huffed but backed down and sat close to me pulling me into her. "You don't deserve any of this."

Mateo sat on my other side and we all had a little group hug moment. If it was any other time, I would've called this moment cringe-worthy but I needed this. I needed a good support group, and well they were all I had at the moment. Yet, it was all I wanted.

Arabella's phone rang and she picked it up, "Julian?"

I looked at her confused but she shrugged her shoulders, "We're at Mateos. I'll send the address, but get the dress from our dorm."

'Dress?' I mouthed.

She looked at me and smiled, "Keys under the mat, see you soon."

"What are you up to.." 

"Call Chanel," She demanded Mateo, who happily obliged. 

"We aren't letting that gorgeous dress go to waste, so we have a little surprise." Arabella smiled grabbing a nude nail polish and grabbing my hand. She began to do my nails.

"No, I'm not up for it."

"I don't care, now shut up and enjoy."

Sooner or later, Chanel arrived and had her entire team of stylists come into the apartment. They didn't give me enough time to process what just happened because I was being completely made over.

"Oh, how I've missed these cheek bones." Chanel exclaimed, which earned a chuckle from me. "When I'm done here, trust me you're gonna look like a super model."

"Chanel, please help me convince her to do the shoot!" Arabella pleaded.

Chanel stopped what she was doing, and put a hand on her hip, "Well, why so much thought?"

"I just got broken up.." I stopped myself and caught my breath before I cried and ruined her art, "with my boyfriend, and it's just too soon.."

Chanel shook her head, "Nonsense. Don't you ever let someone stop you from doing something great for you Avalon. I mean that."

I nodded my head, and realized she was right. Of course this pain would probably last forever, but I couldn't get like I did last time Chase and I ended it. I was miserable and I stopped being myself, and hell, I even lost myself during the relationship. What I put up with wasn't okay, but I loved Chase and a small part of me would do it all over again just to be with him once more.