Chapter 26: <3

It had been a couple of days since I had discovered Chase's secret

It had been a couple of days since I had discovered Chase's secret. I was still in shock over it, but still didn't regret my decision in helping him. Which is why I was sat in this overpriced bistro waiting for Beck to meet me. I had made sure to set up a fake alarm that would remind me I had an important 'fitting' in an hour, which would draw Beck's attention to my small career. I even managed to dig deep into Beck's past, thanks to social media. I noticed all of his ex girlfriends were brunettes with slim tall bodies. All of them with exotic beautiful features, they were absolutely drop dead gorgeous. They all carried themselves with a type of poise, making them look posh. However, what didn't make sense was that Maya was everything but his usual type. That didn't mean that she wasn't pretty, because she was also gorgeous. She was just petite, and very curvy. Her hair was a bright red, and from what I discovered she didn't live the posh life at all. It didn't add up, but it would once I got all the pieces together. I wondered if being similar to his other girlfriends, maybe that's what lit a spark in his interest towards me. Hopefully a little flirting and my acting skills would come in handy in order to have him invite me to meet his parents. It was a long shot, but I stayed hopeful.

As soon as the waitress came back with two espresso's, the door jingled open revealing Beck. He stood confidently, looking around for me. The one thing about Beck was that he was a charmer for sure, and if I hadn't overheard Julian I would've been completely blind to this guys antics. I was lucky that Julian mentioned Beck's new presence at their football teams practices, and I hoped I would get close enough to maybe overhear their conversations. I was sure to win his dad over, impressing adults was my talent. I may have not grown up with the lavish lifestyle did, but living with Arabella had taught me what I needed to know. It wouldn't be hard to pretend. Especially since her expensive taste was at grabs twenty four seven. Which explained why I had chosen to look my best today, with a natural makeup look and a simple black dress. The Cartier jewelry a plus.

Beck finally spotted me and began walking towards me with his pearly white smile. I took in his attire, noting how well he dressed. He wore dark denim jeans and a button up white blouse, with the first two buttons undone. His expensive brown boat shoes tying it together. He was so not my type now that I had thought of it, the way he flaunted his money at times never interested me. Especially since I knew of his ill intentions, his mannerisms were easier to spot.

"You look gorgeous." Beck said approaching me. I stood up and greeted him by the cheek, something that caught him off guard. "That's new."

"We're closer now, some things were meant to change." I retorted taking my seat. 

He sat down, clasping his hands together staring intently at me. "You seem..different."

My heart skipped a little, I was hoping he didn't mind the sudden change in my wardrobe or the way I was presenting myself. "How so?" I questioned.

"I can't put my finger on it, but I like it."¸He said before taking a sip out of his espresso, before snapping his fingers for our waitress to come. I tried hard to not comment on the way he was suddenly acting snobbish, which took a lot out of me.