Chapter 16: Crumbling Brownies

"My poor baby is so sick

"My poor baby is so sick." I pouted, taking brownies out of the oven. 

Arabella and I were at Mateo's new apartment, and we had decided since I couldn't go to the event tonight we would just hang out together. I also thought about surprising Chase in a hazmat suit, but I guess it would be better to just hold my breath. 

"Does this baby get a bite?" Mateo asked eyeing the double fudge brownies. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, he quickly grabbed it and took a huge bite out of it. "Mm, these are better than sex."

"I kinda regret giving you that brownie." I said grossed out.

"It's either the brownie or I take you for a whirl." Mateo said winking at me before taking another bite.

"That statement sounded kind of illegal and now I am removing myself from the situation."

I walked out of the kitchen and towards the living room. His apartment was huge! He had one of the best views in LA, and everything was so elegantly placed. His entire apartment was made of glass, which kind of concerned me. 

"I'm so jealous of this view!" Arabella said from behind me.

"Right? Makes me never want to go back to the dorms." I said stretching myself out onto the couch. 

Arabella tackled me on the couch, "And if we don't?" 

I questioned her crazy antics once again, "We kind of have too?"

"I've got connections and we could get a kickass apartment like this, plus it's not like we don't have the money for it." She said rolling off of me.

I sat up, "I got one fat check, it's not like I have a job."

She rolled her eyes, "You could! I can set you up with my agent, he's been dying to meet you anyway. Just say the word, Avacakes."

I threw one of the fancy pillows at her, "I'll think about it."

"Hey! Be careful with my fine china!" Mateo said emerging from the kitchen in a satin robe and fluffy slippers.

Arabella and I gave him an odd look and began laughing. I checked the time and saw that it was almost 5 pm, which meant the dinner was bound to take place in two hours. I decided to text Julian and wish him a good time, and to make sure he ate something fancy for Chase and I. Frankly, I was more disappointed at the fact Chase wouldn't be able to attend. So many important people would be there and it sucked that he would miss it. 

    4:47 p.m. Me: Have a good time talking to those snobby rich people! Eat some cute fancy food for me! 

4:55 p.m. Julesters: You're not going?

4:56 p.m. Me: No, Chase is sick. Said he was contagious, make sure you talk to some people about him!