Chapter 18: Always and Forever

From the moment she had stepped in, my breath was taken away

From the moment she had stepped in, my breath was taken away. Every ounce of regret hit my body, what had I done. I let my jealousy for Mateo get in the way. But then again, I lied to her. I don't know who the hell I thought I was breaking up with her and leaving with Cartia instead. Truth was, as terrible as it sounded I was beginning to get feelings for Cartia too. It wasn't love, but it was something I couldn't quite put my finger on. I just knew it wasn't how I felt about Ava.

Since we had arrived Cartia was begging me to meet her parents, kinda like a boyfriend would. I agreed, obviously because her father is president of the booster committee. He was an important man. Their family was great, in fact her father had invited me out for a small football session with some of his friends. They had been nothing but kind to me and well maybe feelings started to develop along the way for Cartia. However, all I knew was that Ava was what I needed. Maybe if I had explained the situation to her, she'd understand me and possibly give me time to figure out what I needed.

"Chase, don't you think it's a good idea?" Cartia said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm, yes?"

"I'm glad you think so son, I've been meaning to expand the football stadium a bit bigger."

I raised my eyebrows but settled my focus on the gorgeous woman who managed to steal my attention every time. She was chatting with Julian and Cartia's brother, Beckham. I was angry because Julian brought her here, and especially because everyone thought they were an item. I hated the way she held on to his arm when they arrived, the fact that he got to see her first in that dress. But I knew Julian, no matter how much we spoke about brothers he would also be there for her. I knew she was hurting too, and I'm glad he wasn't a complete asshole.

Next thing I knew, Julian had left them alone and was talking to Coach and another man. It was just Beck and Ava, and I could tell he was turning his charm on. From what I knew about him, he was always a flirt and every girl was after him. It was his last year in college so he was set to get whatever he wanted. Kinda like Cartia.

Beck looked at me and pointed towards me with his glass, and soon Ava turned around and we locked eyes. I knew she was trying to avoid me but by even coming here was impossible. She turned around quickly and I could tell she was trying to pretend it never happened. I could see Beck getting closer and closer to my girl and everything started spinning. My fists clenched and I saw red.

"Chase, honey." Cartia said. I turned to look at her and she was watching Beck and Ava, "You made the right choice."

I shot her a small smile, she always kept my mind straight. "Will you excuse me?" I politely said to Mr. Kingsley.

Cartia hot on my tail came after me as I made my way separate Julian and have him explain his actions to me. In perfect timing, Beck had left Ava which brought a smile to my face. Then it hit me. The way her dress fit her perfectly and the fact that I would've been the one ripping it off of her tonight made me sad. She had already chosen. My mood was down once again.