Chapter 22: Trapped

I wanted to go home

I wanted to go home. I hated this damn party, and I wanted to be as far away from Cartia as I possibly could. Everyone was right about her, and after the past week happened I wanted to be away from her. I thought the feelings I had for her were genuine, but in reality I was completely blindsided. If I would've just went home after the party Mr. Addeo had thrown, I would've been safe and sound with Ava.

Confused as to what I'm talking about, well let me just take you back.

Flashback

"Chase, where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you." Cartia asked coming out to the balcony.

I furrowed my eyebrows, knowing the big mistake I just made. "I was talking to Ava."

Cartia ignored my comment, "My dad's been waiting for you, he has an offer for you."

"What offer?" I asked confused.

Cartia smiled and grabbed my hand, "Let's just say, it's going to be epic for your future."

I nodded and let her lead me towards her father who was waiting behind a desk in a room. He had papers laid out and a large man in a tuxedo was behind him. I assumed he was security, but the question was, what did he even want?

"Ah Chase! Sit down son, we've got business to discuss." I followed his orders and sat down, Cartia sat on the arm of my chair and rubbed my neck. "I've got an offer that you won't be able to resist."

"Let's hear it then." I said.

"I'm willing to offer you a straight path into the NFL, for just a year of your time here at UCLA." Mr. Addeo said clasping his hands together.

Woah, this was insane. My ultimate end goal was finally coming true, this was what I had worked for. "Are you serious?" I asked in awe.

He nodded his head, "My pumpkin here told me you had potential and well she was telling the truth, I want you to excel in life and signing this contract will give you just that."

"What's the catch?" I asked seriously. There wasn't anyway this could be happening without anything bad coming along the way. This was too good to be true.

Mr. Addeo chuckled, "Smart boy. In exchange of giving you a path straight into the NFL, all I want is a few appearances with you and Cartia, that is all."

I raised my eyebrows. "What do you mean appearances?"

"Seeing as you two are quite the close pair, all I want is for you and Cartia to go on friendly dates."

That wasn't so bad, but still it seemed odd. Cartia looked at me and nodded her head innocently. "Just sign it Chasey, it's gonna be worth it trust me."

I took a deep breath trusting Cartia. After all I knew she wanted the best for me in the end of it all. I grabbed the pen in excitement, ready to jumpstart my life. Without thinking twice, I signed the fine piece of paper. Cartia squealed and hugged me tightly. However, all I was thinking about was Ava and how she would react to this. I should call her.