Chapter 6: Lies Lies Lies

"Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I've got you

"Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I've got you." I sang at the top of my lungs out of the car window. 

"And Ahhlll I need is to be struck, by.." Mateo sang next to me, us making eye contact with one another, a small smile playing on my lips.

There was a buzz in my head from the alcohol, and somehow my heart felt a little bit lighter from hanging around with Arabella and Mateo. My mind had forgotten my father, the feeling of being pulled away from Chase, and all the rejection I had been feeling lately. 

We parked outside of a stone brick mansion with people littering the lawn. There were red solo cups everywhere, and multi-colored lights. I got out of the car before Mateo fully parked, and began walking towards the big house. My steps a little bit faltered, and my heart beating fast anticipating the music. 

"Ava, wait." Arabella said behind me. I paused and waited for them to catch up to me. I linked my arm between the two and pulled them towards the house. I could feel Arabella chuckle beside me, which made me smile. 

A loud pop song began playing in the house, I immediately began dancing moving my hips to the beat. I grabbed Mateo and Arabella's hands and waved them next to me, soon enough we were all having an amazing time.  

"I'm gonna get another drink!" I yelled over the music. I didn't wait for them to follow me, instead I found myself stumbling towards a large marble kitchen. A sea of bottles and snacks littered the counters and a couple making out in the corner. I grimaced hating PDA.

I filled up a red cup with a random bottle, I brought it to my lips and felt the sting of the drink going down my throat. I grimaced and decided it was better to set it down. "Ava knows what's up! Shots!!" Mateo said grabbing a bottle of tequila.

I laughed at him and Arabella readying the shots. "Or we could do body shots, up to you." Mateo continued, winking at me. I gagged and flipped him off. I snatched the tequila shot from him and waited for the others. 

"On 3!" Arabella said. I completely ignored her and just took the shot. I stuck my tongue at them being too slow for me. "If you weren't drunk right now, I would totally smack you."

My mind was buzzing and I was ignoring their conversation. My head was bobbing to the upbeat music, and my sudden need for dancing was defeating my body. Mateo's hand was on my lower waist as he guided us out of the kitchen towards the large amount of people grinding on each other. 

I scanned the room and saw my boyfriend leaning against a couch with a couple of guys and girls. My excitement to see him was beyond describable, "Guys! Look it's my boyfriend!" I slurred to no one in particular. I sauntered towards him and he looked at me with an alarming face. I pushed a girl that was in front of him out of the way and draped myself over Chase.

"Hi, boyfriend!" I placed a kiss on his cheek. 

Chase looked at me, "What are you doing here?" he paused and looked at my state of condition "Have you been drinking?"