6 || aha ✨tension✨

MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE

FINCH NERVOUSLY checked her phone once more as she stood in the doorway of Elena's room. Her brother had yet to respond -- which was odd, considering he always made an immediate effort to reply. And normally Finch wouldn't over think things like this but he hadnt been home when she had left earlier that day.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Stefan asked his girlfriend

The witch looks up from her phone, forcing herself to push it into her back pocket as she crossed her arms, listening in on their conversation.

"Which part?" Elena sighed, "Digging through my birth mother's life work or going to Duke with Damon?"

The vampire shrugged, "Either, both."

"Well, I'm not sure about the first part but then again Ric and Fun are good buffers so we can bond in our anti-Damon solidarity." She said with fake cheesiness, "I wish you were coming though."

Stefan, still on edge offered another idea, "You know what? Maybe we should wait a couple days, huh? Wait until Caroline is less of a danger and then I could go with you."

"It's okay that I'm going, right? And be honest because if it's not then I can just stay here and we can take care of Caroline."

"Listen, I want you to go okay? I do." Stefan expresses, "You have questions about your lineage and about Katherine and...look I'm not gonna let the fact that Damon is going keep you from an opportunity to get some answers."

"You hate it though."

"I hate it but I love you." The vampire says softly

Elena smiled, "I love you too." She replies, kissing him

Finch looks away, turning out of the doorway and heading down the stairs to keep from intruding on their moment.

The witch quietly walked down the stairs, seeing Alaric and Jenna standing in front of them. Her eyes widened as she realized the only safe place to go was outside -- where Damon was.

Okay, then. Awkwardly watching my history teacher and my friends aunt talk. Better than watching Stefan and Elena suck face.

"It's been a while." The strawberry blonde states, crossing her arms

"Well, the school has been keeping me busy." Alaric replied

"I want you to know it means a lot to me that Elena has a connection to her mother. I appreciate you bringing her along today." Jenna explained softly

"Yeah, I figured it was time to take care of my wife's things, you know." He half lied, "Look Jenna, I know things between you and I have been a little start and stop and I'm sorry for that but maybe once I can -- "