45 || dead on the floor

↴

FINCH WOKE up in Klaus' arms, confused and exhausted. She groaned, blinking her eyes as her arms wrap around his neck. The last thing the witch remembered was falling asleep, shivering and her skin burning. She slowly looked at the man carrying her and licked her dry lips.

"Klaus?" She slurred, maming his eyes immediately shoot down to hers, "What's going on?"

The man smiled and stopped, slowly setting her onto her weak legs, "We're on our way to the ritual, Little Bird."

She held onto his arm, not trusting her own strength, "How long was I out?"

"More than a few hours. You needed your rest, love."

"Okay." Her eyes closed and she suddenly off of her feet again, "What are you─"

"Love, you can barely walk, don't fight me." He states calmly leading them through the woods, smiling lightly when her arms hooked around his neck again, head against his chest

In that moment, he almost swore his heart took its first beat in centuries. She was breathing slowly, not something that was normal, more like it was forced, forced to be even. Klaus figured it was from her illness, that it was making her struggle to breath. He adjusted her in his arms, holding her a little tighter, and looked away, eyes on the world in front of them.

His freedom, his birthright, his future was only a few meters away─ he was this close to everything he's ever wanted. That thought and the witch in his arms was enough for him, he was going to have a family, a pack, people loyal to him. That brought a smile to his face, he was very close to the only thing he's wanted for a thousand years.

What he didn't know is that his bitch of a mother tied another curse to his. Another abomination with powerful magic and abilities was doomed to have their magic shoved away, out of their reach. His mother claimed it was for their own good and everyone else's, these "creatures of destruction" would ruin them all. She called them countless names, and said countless terrible things.

Esther Mikaelson took this monster and drew some of its blood, binding one curse onto it and then tied it to Klaus' curse─ believing that her bastard son would never be able to set hinself free from her bindings. Little did she know, her son was stronger and more quick witted than she could have anticpated, but she took extra precautions.

"Klaus?" She began softly, "Can you promise me something?" Her voice was weak, and the sweat on her brow was beginning to bead on her face

He nods, speaking, "What is it, Little Bird?"

"If I die, will you take care of my brothers?" Finch asks, her eyes opening again, "I don't mean watch them all the time, but just make sure they don't die and make sure they have food and that all the bills are paid. I don't want them to fall apart if I die."