Chapter Nine

Author's note: These chapters are coming out fast because I have a lot of ideas for this story! My muse is very high. I think it's going in a little different direction than the plot so I will change that later, but enjoy an update already!! 😁

——————

Regina had taken Emma to the hospital. She was burning up, and still unconscious. She had been pacing the hospital room for over an hr now.

Emma's eyes fluttered open and she groaned. Her head was feeling rather groggy, "What happened?" She wondered sweat dripping down her forehead.

Regina immediately went by her side and dabbed her forehead with a cloth. "You fainted."

"What did she do to my heart?" Emma wondered watching her carefully. She was truly frightened and was begging Regina for answers.

"I don't know Emma, I think she's waiting for us to find out. Do you feel any better?" She wondered still dabbing the cloth at Emma's forehead.

Emma shook her head, she wanted to be back in Regina's bed. "Can we go back to your place?"

"I think you need to stay here, Emma. The doctor needs to give you permission to leave."

"Please, Regina."

That look Emma gave her sucker punched her right in the gut, and she sighed, "Ok, but you are in no condition to see Queenie tomorrow."

"I have to Regina..."

Regina sighed, who knows what Queenie would do if she didn't comply, she was in a lose-lose battle with herself. So she nodded and snapped her fingers poofing Emma to her bed, and her standing next to Emma.

"I really think you should get as much rest as possible Emma. I am going to go talk to Rumple."

"Don't leave me." Emma whined.

"You won't even know I am gone, Em. It will be when you're sleeping."

Emma pouted, she really didn't like the idea of being left alone. "Will you cuddle with me while I fall asleep?"

Regina grinned and nodded, "Ok," She said shyly bowing her head as she laid in bed with Emma. Emma immediately swooped her in her arms and nuzzled her neck. "Now you can't leave me." She teased.

"/Em-mma."/ Regina whined grinning foolishly as Emma placed a kiss on her neck.

"What?" Emma teased her eyes darkening in arousal.

"You're sick.  You need to rest."

"But you're my Regina bear, and you keep me safe and comfy while I sleep." She pouted.

Regina grinned, she was extremely turned on, but Emma was sick and she needed her rest. "Emma you need your rest."

Emma pouted further, "But you help me sleep better."

"Em, please. I promise I am not trying to push you away, you just got out of the hospital, which you should still be in, and we don't know what is going on with your heart."

"I just don't want you to leave."

Regina sighed, "Ok," Regina lied, "I will stay."

Emma smiled and curled into her  even more, falling asleep almost instantly.

———

Regina snuck out, shortly after Emma fell asleep. She poofed herself to Mr. Gold's shop instantly.

"What did you do to Emma!!!" She demanded storming into Rumple's office wanting answers.

"Well, nice to see you too, Regina."

"WHAT. DID. YOU. DO ?!" She repeated full of rage.

"Relax, Regina. She is in good hands. It's all part of a much bigger plan."

Regina gritted her teeth. "What you and Queenie are planning is not going to work!!"

Rumple chuckled his darkest laugh yet, "We shall see about that, Dearie, better get back to your precious Swan." He chirped.

Regina didn't trust them for one second. She knew in that moment she wasn't going to get any answers so she poofed back to Emma's side.

Her heart leapt in her throat when she realized Emma wasn't in her bed anymore.

"You promised you wouldn't leave me," Emma said appearing from the shadows of the bathroom.

Regina gasped as her heart sank and she took a step back as she saw Emma's figure come into the light, "No...."

"What, you don't like my new look?" Emma wondered flashing her dark leather and bleach blonde hair into the light.

Regina's heart sunk. She wanted to burst into tears, but she couldn't be weak now.

"It's ok Regina. I am not going to hurt you."

"Emma...." She said sadly shaking her head, backing up even further.

"It's Dark Swan, to you, Love." She grinned devilishly licking her lips.