Chapter Four

"Well, Dearies. What can I do for you?" Rumple grinned. He already had a notion of them stopping by.

"How do we get rid of the Evil Queen without killing Regina?!" Emma demanded.

"I am afraid there is no way."

"He's lying." Regina spat she knew he was up to no good, and maybe the Queen had gotten to him already. She was always one step ahead it seemed. "We've come to make a deal Rumple, what do you want?"

"Quite frankly, there is nothing I want from either of you at the moment."

Regina pursed her lips together and snarled, "You have a deal with her, don't you?!" She exclaimed, demanding answers.

Emma put her hand gently on Regina's shoulder, "Come on, Regina, he's not going to help us."

Regina felt helpless. Every turn she took to try to win she was always one step behind. "Emma, we can't give up." It didn't sound like Emma at all. She had an uneasy feeling being in Emma's presence without her heart. Who knows what the Evil Queen was possessing her to do and say. "We never give up. You never give up." She said that last sentence almost in a whisper.

"I'm just saying Regina, maybe she has won. She's always one step ahead of us."

Regina was upset they were discussing this in front of Rumple.

"Emma, not now."

Rumple smiled broadly, "You know, now that you've given me some time to think I may have something for you."

"Anything," Regina pleaded turning to face him. "I will get the Queen to give back Emma's heart if you drink this." A small vile appeared in a cloud of purple smoke in the palm of his hand.

"You want me to drink it?"

"No, Emma." He grinned dangling the bottle i. front of her.

"What does that do?"

"The only way to find out is to drink it!!" He laughed wickedly.

"Absolutely not." Regina said snatching Emma's hand. "We're leaving."

"Regina, what if it's the chance we have to take?"

Regina looked at Emma flabbergasted, "You have to be out of your mind if you're even considering drinking."

"Maybe it's the only way to get my heart back, we have always managed to find a way back from all this. I was dark once remember?"

Regina sighed and turned back to Rumple, Emma was being very persuasive and it bugged her because she didn't know if it was the queen that she was talking to, or Emma. Her mind screamed at her that it was the Queen, but her heart shouted Emma. She trusted her heart.

"Fine," Regina said snatching the vile from Rumple's palm handing it to Emma.

Emma eyed the vile curiously and sighed if the Queen was always going to be one step ahead of them she had to play their little game. She was determined to find a way back from all this. So, without further adieu she tilted her head back and swallowed the potion without thinking twice.

"Now, you can make sure to bring us her heart."

"It's a deal." Rumple smiled wickedly.