floating lanterns

blair's pov:
i wake up on my bed, bellamy laying across my whole body.
i lay my head back onto the pillow, releasing a loud sigh. i pick up my phone, checking the time, 10:15 am. i get up, quickly tossing some shorts on and a thin sweater. i fill bellamys bowl and go to brush my teeth.
the house is always so quiet in the mornings because dad takes river to school and mason to daycare at 7 then goes off to work. but i start school at 9:30 and my mom has been in the uk for work for a week and she comes back monday.
after doing my hair, i grab everything i need for my morning run, hooking up bellamy, then leaving the house.
i put my airpods in, starting to jog my normal route.
i stood in front of my door after my run, full of sweat, bellamy breathing so hard. as soon as i enter the kitchen, i refill his water bowl, as he starts drinking.
i go upstairs, connecting to bluetooth, before hopping in the shower. i run my hands through my hair, as i stand under the faucet.
once i finish, i get out the shower, wrapping a towel around me. i put some products in my hair to keep my hair curly. i put my bra and underwear on, tossing on my chemical romance 'surrender the knight world tour' shirt, with a matching pink and white tie-dye joggers and white air forces.

i walk into my room, checking the time, 11:35

i walk into my room, checking the time, 11:35. i decided to text the boys.
me: y'all awake right
tyler🔰💤: yeah, i'm eating rn but i'll be omw after
me: bet
ace🃏💯: just left the crib
i sit on my bed, looking through the window. i see billies car in her driveway and arch my eyebrows. so i'm assuming she doesn't go to school... yeah that would be smart. i decided to see if she was still home.
i open the door, leaving the screen open. i cross the street, walking up to her porch. i look around taking a deep breathe, then knock. a few seconds later, i hear the door being unlocked and opening up.
billie stands in front of me, wearing a blue shirt, a red beanie and sweatpants, with some off white jordan 1 retro.

"hey" she smiles

"hey" she smiles.
"so you are home" i say, looking to my right then at her.
"why wouldn't i be?" she chuckles.
i arch my eyebrow, "school..." i trail off.
"oh i was home schooled" she explains.
"oh shit, that's dope! so you want to come bowling with us?" i ask with a smile.
"but why aren't you in school?" she flips.
"fuck school! and bowling is so much better" i respond. "so you coming?" i ask again.
"yeah, why not let me grab my phone" she answers. she walks away, leaving the door open.
i see a car driving by, which turns out to be ace's bmw. he honks, "what's up," i shout.
he stops and shouts back, "what are you doing here?" he ask.
"i invited billie" i respond. he parks in my driveway, getting out the car.
"ok, let's go" she says and i turn back around, giving her a smile.
we walk towards my house, "we're just waiting for tyler, he should be here soon" i say.
ace and skylar are sitting on the porch, "hey skylar, how are you?" i asking giving her a small hug.
"i'm good, how about you?" she responds.
"i'm good" i reply.
"tyler is 5 minutes away" ace mentions and i dap him up.
"ok" i say walking in my house. "oh, skylar, billie. billie, skylar" i introduce, turning around. they say hi to each other and we go towards the kitchen.
"y'all hungry?" i ask.
"yeah" ace and skylar say in sync and they chuckle.
"yeah, but i'm vegan" billie says. i look at her and smirk.
"what?" she ask, looking confused.
"me too" i say, and her lips pulls into a smile.
i quickly cooked some vegan eggs, and bacon, with toast.
"breakfast is done" i smile. everyone gets their plate and i walk towards the living room.
i turn on the orville, when there is a knock on the door. i open it and see tyler.
"finally" i tease, doing our handshake.
"shut up" he chuckles.
"what's up man?" ace daps him up. i sit down on the couch, billie sitting right next to me.
"thank you, this is so good" she smiles, taking another bite.
"for sure" i nod, devouring my food.
we quickly ate, billie and i joining tyler in his subaru because my car is a 2 door.
"oh wait, are we still doing that thing later?" i asked tyler, trying not to mention what i was talking about while billie was sitting right behind us.
tyler quickly looks at me, arching an eyebrow. and i nod my head, trying to explain to him with my eyes.
"what's this thing?" he laughs.
"omg we was literally talking about this yesterday" i say shaking my head.
we finally got to the bowling alley. even though this is a small town, i'm surprised billie still agreed to come.
we payed for a lane and they handed us the shoes. i grab mines, then going over picking out a good bowling ball.
i place it on the belt and take my shoes off.
"you any good?" i ask billie, as she sits next to me, doing the same.
"fuck yeah! my only competition is finneas, he is hella good" she sighs.
"well, looks like you have another competition" i smirk, tying my shoes.
"yeah right" she chuckles, attempting to untie the shoe. i kindly take it from her hands, untying them and handing it back.
tyler stands near the screen and types in our names.
ace sits across from us, "ace, we still doing that thing we was talking about?" i ask, tyler turning around. i flick him off and he chuckles, shaking his head.
"nah, they bitch" he replies. i chuckle and watch tyler bowl first,
knocking over 6 of the pins.
"let's go" i chant, "we're playing for money right?" i say standing.
"50 each?" ace questions. i toss the money on the table, confirming the bet. everyone does so, including billie, which makes me smirk. i pick up the specific ball i chose and walk towards the lane.
i breathe in and out, swinging the ball, then letting go. the ball rolls near the side, but towards the end it curves, aiming for the middle. a trick that i just got good at doing. i get a spare and turn around, smiling.
"you just got lucky" ace argues. i roll my eyes, as billie picks up a ball. i sit down and watch how she bowls. the ball is near the right side and manages to miss one.
"that was so close" tyler encourages as billie walks back.
"not close enough" i joke and she punch's my shoulder lightly. skylar goes next while there is a few small talk.
two hours had pass, when we finally finished the forth round. "who won this round?" ace says looking at the finished scores. i came in first, billie was second, then ace, tyler, and skylar.
"blair.... again" tyler sighs. i won 2 rounds, while billie and ace won one.
"see, what did i say?" i smirk, looking at billie.
"ok you got that, not gonna lie" she smiles. they gave me their money and we walk back to return the shoes.
"so now what?" tyler asked, as we walked outside.
"it's an hour drive to the lake. should we leave a little earlier before it gets dark?" ace mentions.
i look at my phone checking the time, 4:30. "we can leave at 6, it won't be dark" i mention.
"ok, we're gonna go pack our bags" ace says.
"ight, be safe" tyler shouts, ace and skylar walking to his car. tyler unlocks his car and i get in the passenger seat, while billie sits in the back.
"did you pack already?" i ask tyler.
"yeah, it should be next to billie" he says playing music.
"um.... you sure.... cuz i don't see a bag" she laughs.
he looks back quickly, "shit, i'll drop y'all off and come back" he says, starting to drive off. we listen to music on the way home, in comfortable silence. tyler pulls into the driveway, i get out, billie doing the same.
"i'll be back in an hour" tyler comments.
"alright, stay safe" i say tapping his car. he backs up and drives out the neighborhood. i look at billie and she is playing with the rings on her fingers. "um, so yeah, we are going to this lake house, it belongs to ace's dad. i think it would be fun if you came" i smile. she looks up, making eye contact with me.
"oh, that's dope! i'll love to go" she smiles, her white teeth glistening.
"want me to help you pack?" i ask.
"oh, it's fine. i have to talk to finneas anyway" she responds.
"ok, i'll be here" i smile, walking to my car, removing the tarp. she goes home, while i work on my car for when i get back.
after working on my car for 20 minutes, i go upstairs to pack my bag. i hear the door bell ring as i was folding my clothes. i walk down the stairs and i hear giggling, and the jingles of keys. the door opens as i reach the end of the stairs, "hey" my dad says with a smile.
"hey" i respond. river runs up to me, his lunchbox in his hand. "hey buddy, how was school?" i ask spinning him around.
"i went swimming" he giggles. i put him down and pick up mason, tossing him in the air. the room erupts with his laughter.
"blah" he smiles, attempting to say my name, but utterly failing.
"dad, i'm leaving to the lake soon" i remind him.
"ok, be safe. wish me luck on dinner" he sighs.
"there's some left overs in the fridge and fresh food on the stove" i chuckle.
"you're the best" he kisses my forehead and gives me a hug.
"i need to go finish packing" i say.
"ok, have fun, i need to get river ready for his game tonight" he smiles, as mason follows river to his room.
i go upstairs, packing up the rest of my shit. once i have everything, i bring it downstairs leaving it next to the door. i feed bellamy, then let him out in the backyard.
"ok blair, we're leaving, be safe, have fun!" he says kissing my forehead.
"of course dad, love you" i say while picking up mason. he cups his small hand around my nose. i tickle his waist and he giggles, "see you boys soon ok, be good with dad, mama is gonna be home soon" i say to them, giving river one last hug.
i buckle up mason, while dad helps river with his soccer gear before hopping in the car, i fist bump him before he takes off. i walk back towards the door, when i hear a whistle. i turn around and see billie walking over with a duffle bag.
"who was that?" she says, now standing in front of me.
"my dad, and brothers" i respond, walking in my house, closing the door once she's inside.
"oh, how old are they?" she ask, laying her duffle bag next to mines, at the door.
"river, is 10 and mason, is 2" i answer, walking towards the kitchen to get some apple juice.
"cool" she responds.
"want anything to drink?"
"whatever your having" she says, sitting at the table. i pour her some apple juice and walk out the back sitting on the hammock, billie following me.
"no fair, you have a pool" she pouts, sitting on the chair. "so what was you talking about earlier... you know in the car, then at the alley" she trails off. i look at her and raise my eyebrow, trying to figure out what she was talking about.
"ohhhhh, everyone has secrets for a reason" i finally respond, throwing the tennis ball, while bellamy runs for it.
i hear a car pull up and doors being open then slammed.
"yurr" i hear ace scream.
"in the back doofus!" i shout. i hear the shuffling of their feet on the grass and branches being snapped in half.
"bro, where's ty? i'm trying to make it on time for the floating lanterns" ace throws his hands up.
"dude, relax it's only, what? 5" i say, getting off the hammock.
"5:30, and it starts at 7:30. it's an hour drive dude minus traffic" he complains while rubbing bellamy.
"you're over reacting, but my dad is letting us use his honda, it holds 8 people, so we can all go in one car. don't worry it's spacious" skylar mentions.
"oh, that's dope, tell him i said thanks" i smile, walking back in the house, packing some vegan food for billie and i.
"hey, can i use your bathroom?" i turn around and see billie standing by the sliding door.
"yeah, the one on the first floor is broken, so you're gonna have to go upstairs unfortunately. there's gonna be a sign on the door saying 'keep close' can't miss it" i smile.
"ok thanks" she smiles, walking away.
billie's pov:
i walk up the stairs, noticing a few toy cars in the corner of the staircase. when i reach the top, i notice a bedroom, which seem to be like one of her brothers room. i walk down the hall and see the door with the 'keep close' sign. i chuckle and open it, walking in. it's a rain forest theme, which is so cute. it also smells like rain, which i love.
once i finish, i walk out making sure to close it. before i can walk down the hall, i notice another door open, which seems to be blair's because... it has 'blair' written in cursive.
i look behind me, the house pretty quite. curious, i walk into her room.
"wow, this shit is fire" i whisper. she has a black and white aesthetic room. i notice her computer is on, which is open on a music software. i walk closer noticing a green notebook next to the keyboard, which looks like lyrics written down.
there's a paper that has brackets on them. its labeled with the name and various car brands. what is this....?
i hear loud cheers, causing me to turn around, startled. i look at the room one last time before leaving.
i go back downstairs without anyone noticing i was gone for too long.
"alright lets go, ty just got here" blair smiles, handing me a box. "there's different meals for the weekend in there. sadly we're the only vegans" she pouts. i smile and pick up my bag at the door.
"ace, lock the gate when you leave" blair shouts. she closes the sliding doorway as bellamy runs in, locking it. she turns off all the lights, grabbing her keys and coming towards the door. i open the door, walking out.
"hey billie" i turn around and see tyler.
"hey tyler, ace got real upset earlier cause you took too long" i snitch.
"don't worry that's why i shook his sprite" he scoffs, making me chuckle. blair walks out the door, closing and locking it behind her.
"guys toss y'all shit in the trunk" ace shouts, while he opens it. tyler puts two jugs of water in the corner and we all pile our duffle bags, only taking our smaller bags with us.
ace gets in the driver seat, while skylar in the passenger seat. blair folds one of the chairs and looks my way.
"shall we" she says in a british accent. i smile and walk towards her. she holds her hand out and i grab it for support, making my way in the backseat. she then makes her way, sitting next to me, tyler pushing the chair back.
"fuck ty, you couldn't wait?" blair shrieks, gripping her ankle causing him to laugh.
"sorry" he murmurs, getting in the car and closing the door.
"finally, lets go!" ace sighs, "sky, is the gps working?" he ask.
"yeah, you're all set" she replies.
the beginning of the car ride consisted of us screaming the lyrics to whatever song played. tyler and skylar fell asleep 25 minutes into the drive, so ace had turned the music down.
"wanna watch a show with me?" blair ask, as i nod. i look at her as she scrolls through her phone. her beautiful brown orbs complimenting her brown clear skin. "here" she hands me the left side to the airpods. i put it in my ear and scoot closer so i can see the screen.
i didn't realize how close we were until i was able to smell the minty scent of the gum she was chewing on. as we're watching a show blair picked out, i feel my eyelids become heavy, sleep taking over me.
blair's pov:
as we're watching seven deadly sins, billie's head falls onto my shoulder. i look over and realize she had fallen asleep. i slowly take the airpod out her ear and put it in my ear, continuing the show.
i tried finding a way to make my arm comfortable but i couldn't, so i just decided to wrap my arm over her shoulder.
after watching 2 episodes, we finally arrived at the lake house.
"wake the fuck up!" ace screams, hitting ty with his towel.
"really dude" tyler groans, waking up and rubbing his eyes.
"hey, we're here" i whisper, shaking billie, surprised she didn't wake up from ace.
"what" she mumbles, nuzzling her head more into my shoulder. which, i'm not gonna lie, was kinda cute.
"you gotta wake up, we're here" i say. she slowly lifts her head, running her hand through her hair.
"i'm sorry for laying on you" she comments.
"you all good" i smile, as ty gets out the car, folding the chair. i grab my fanny pack, hopping out the car. i offer my hand to billie and she gladly takes it. she gets out the car and i close the door.
"see ace. nothing to worry about, we're early" i smirk, as he turns around, flipping me off. ace unlocks the trunk as we all reach for our bags.
the house is surrounded by tall trees and its honestly so beautiful.