chapter 16

friday
blair's pov
*ring ring ring*
"who is calling me bro?" i groan, patting my bed, looking for my phone. i feel the cold surface of my phone and immediately grab it. my phone stops ringing before i can pick up. whoops.
i look at who called me and it's dakota, of course. before i can call her back, my phone starts going off again.
"damn girl relax" i yawn, rubbing my eyes.
"don't tell me you're still asleep?" she sighs.
"i'm not asleep, silly" i reply.
"whatever blair, get up it's friday and we still going to that party right?" she looks at me through the phone, with hopeful eyes.
"yeah" i softly laugh.
"well meet me at the vegan joint (made up) in 40 minutes" she smiles. "my treat" she adds.
"fine with me, wait what time is it?" i ask, staring at my ceiling.
"7:50" dakota answers
"what the fuck, kota?" i whine.
"whatt" she chuckles.
"you know i don't wake up till 8:30" i pout, finally showing my face.
"yeah and that's why you're always late" she playfully rolls her eyes.
"i like to skip advisory."
"it's friday, no advisory. straight to cal-"
"fuckkkk" i groan. "i'll see you there" i mumble.
"ok byee" she smiles, hanging up. i get up, heading for the bathroom. i lazily brush my teeth before hopping in the shower. i hear my phone ding, letting me know i got a text.
"i swear if that's you dakota, it hasn't even been a full 10 minutes" i speak to myself. i take another 20 minutes in the shower before hoping out, letting my natural curls out. i look at my phone and see a text from billie. i walk back to my room, checking the message.
bil😎: hey was just wondering if u still plan on coming to the party tn
a small smile creeps on my face at the thought of hanging out with billie. before i get response, she sends another text
bil😎: it's okay if u changed ur mind
me: chilll girl, just got out the shower
me: and ofc i'm still going
i quickly reply then go into my closet to pick out an outfit. "this will do" i sigh, tossing on my clothes.

i grab my fanny, heading downstairs

i grab my fanny, heading downstairs. i grab my keys before walking out the house. i hop in my car, music instantly playing. i wait for my car to warm up, when i notice billie walking down with pepper. i honk my horn, pulling out of my driveway and driving over to her house.
"oh, hey blair" she waves as i turn my music down.
"hey, what you doing?" i smile.
"just finished our walk" she gestures to pepper.
"you hungry?" i ask.
"shouldn't you be at school?" she slightly chuckles.
"yeah but your girl gotta eat" i shrug my shoulders. i look at the time and it's 8:35. "plus i got some time to kill" i add.
"okay just give me a second" she says walking to her door. i put my car in park, calling dakota.
"girl i'm here, where are you?" she immediately speaks.
"umm, i'm right outside my house. oh and i kinda invited billie" i explain.
"you what?" she gasps.
"yeah i saw her walking her dog and asked if she was hungry" i shrug my shoulders. i hear the door slam and see billie walking down her steps. "dakota i'll see you in 10 minutes" i smile, unlocking the door for billie.
"okay, drive safe" she smiles.
"i will" then i hang up. "lets get outta here, dakota is already on my ass" i chuckle. i do a u-turn, heading in the direction of the shop.
"what spot is this?" billie finally speaks.
"it's low key, i've never seen anyone from my school there except my friend group... probably cause it's a vegan spot" i chuckle at the end.
"are you talking about the vegan joint?" she looks over at me. i quickly glance at her with a smile.
"yeah" i chuckle. there wasn't much traffic surprisingly, so it took me only 5 minutes to arrive.
"you speed anytime you can get, huh?" billie chuckles.
"oh come on, i've never seen la with not a lot of traffic. especially this early!" i exclaim, parking.
"true, and it's a friday" she adds.
"my point exactly" i wink, turning the car off and getting out. i walk up to the door, opening it for billie.
"thank you" she smiles, walking in.
"anything for you mama" i respond.
"blair over here!" i hear dakota's voice. i turn around and see her in our usual booth.
"come on bil" i say, walking ahead. dakota stands hip, giving me a small hug.
"hey kota" i say pulling away.
"hey blair, what's up billie" dakota waves.
"hey dakota" billie smiles. i point to the booth and she slides in first. i scoot in after, not getting too close to her.
"great blair, now we have 15 minutes" dakota chuckles.
"you know what, let's just skip" i say, looking at billie.
"i'm not gonna be the reason you miss school again" she shakes her head.
"yeah and we don't wanna fall behind" dakota mentions.
"oh come on, y'all are so boring" i roll my eyes, laying my head on the table, looking at billie. i pout, making her chuckle.
"hello i'm sam, i'll be your server for today. do you know what you would like?" i hear and i slowly sit up.
"yeah can i get a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and coffee" dakota speaks first.
"i'll like the strawberry banana pancakes with strawberries on top with the sauce, 2 of those meatless sausages and orange juice" i say looking at the boy with an afro.
"i'll get the avocado toast with 2 meatless sausages and orange juice" billie smiles. sam walks away and dakota starts the conversation.
"so billie, when does the party start?" dakota ask.
"9" billie answers.
"how you getting there, we need a designated driver" i chuckle.
"i don't know if i'm going with brandon but we'll see. whose coming?" billie looks at me.
"ace, skylar, tyler, and dallas. if anything we can all get in tyler's subaru and lap up" i mention. i notice the distance between billie and i has shortened. i shake my head, not thinking anything of it.
"that's a good idea. what is tatum doing?" dakota asks.
"on a movie date with zion" i say in a teasing voice.
"ooouu" dakota giggles.
"oh and i can't stay too out too late because rivers big game is tomorrow, i gotta wake up early" i bring up.
"here you go ladies" sam says, coming with a 3 plates in his hands. two other servers help with the drinks and other plates. we all say thank you and they walk away.
"this shits gonna slap" i smile, rubbing my hands together.
"damn i'm full" i sigh, drinking what's left of my orange juice.
"you wiped your plate clean" billie chuckles.
"i'm a big girl" i wink, patting my stomach.
"we're hella late, it's 9:20" dakota sighs.
"im not going, i'm too full" i cross my arms. i then realize how close me and billie actually are because our knees are now touching.
"you're so difficult" billie shakes her head.
"you wouldn't understand, you're homeschooled" i chuckle, causing billie to flick me off. "how dare you?" i gasp, wrapping my arms around her waist, leaning my head on her shoulder. "now you gotta say sorry" i mumble, continuing to mess around.
"you started it" she chuckles.
"anyway let's get outta here" dakota says, getting up.
"i gotta drop billie off" i respond.
"i can take an uber" billie offers.
"nah, i rather drop you off" i say, slowly standing up.
"i better see your ass in school" dakota playfully rolls her eyes.
"we'll see about that" i chuckle.
"don't worry, i'll make sure she goes" billie reassures.
"make sure my ass" i smirk, causing billie to hit me in my stomach. "owww i'm full" i whine, gripping my stomach.
"come on goofy" billie laughs, walking past me.
she opens the door, holding it for me.
"thank you" i smile. i unlock my car, getting in. i wave at dakota as she leaves the parking lot.
"i'm not going to school" i shake my head, looking at her as i click in my seatbelt.
"yes you are" billie chuckles. i turn my car on, my music instantly playing.
"oh come on billie, you don't want to go bowling or to the movies, or even go kart racing. you can even give me another guitar lesson" i suggest, driving off.
"go kart racing seems fun right now but nah" she chuckles.
"i hope the party is valid" i say after moments of silence.
"me too, i didn't even want to go but fuck it" she chuckles.
"right" i look over at her. "hopefully i don't get too fucked up" i chuckle. the rest of the ride is quite until i pull up outside her house.
"thank you, i'll see you later today. have a good day at school" she says, reaching for the door.
"billie, you sure you don't wanna chill?" i ask and she turns around.
"yeah, but later. you need to go to school, i told dakota i will make sure you go" she smiles.
"y'all are no fun" i pout.
"yeah whatever, i'll see you later" she softly laughs, getting out the car. i give her a small wave as she closes my door. i watch her walk into her house before driving away to school.
billie's pov:
i get inside, placing my keys on the hook.
"there you are honey" my mom smiles from the kitchen. "where you been?" she asks.
"i went for a walk with pepper then saw blair and she invited me to the vegan joint for breakfast" i inform her, sitting down at the island. "but i have something i should probably tell you."
"go ahead" she smiles.
"well i know you realized i've been hanging out with brandon for a little bit..." i trail off.
"mmmhm" she lets me know to continue.
"well we've been hanging out a lot recently and i decided to give him another chance" i explain.
"oh really? well i'm happy for you billie, as long as you're happy of course" she smiles. i return the smile, standing up to give her a hug.
"thank you. oh yeah and i'm going to a party later with him, blair and a couple of her friends are coming as well" i mention, pulling away.
"ok have fun and just be safe" she gives me a small smile. i nod my head, walking to finneas' room and i knock on the door.
"come in" i hear. i twist the knob, walking into his room and sitting on his bed.
"whatcha doing?" i ask.
"just finished up a collab" he gives me an accomplished smile. "where was you anyway?" he asks.
"breakfast with blair and her friend dakota" i answer.
"speaking of blair, how is she?" he smiles.
"i love hanging out with blair, she's just so fun to be around. and there's something i haven't told you..." i trail off.
"what's up?" he says, directing his attention back to his laptop.
"well um, i don't know why i haven't told you this earlier but when i went on the trip with blair, we went to a party. um, then i was looking for medicine for her in the bathroom. but then she...k-kissed me" i admit. his eyes then bulge out of his eye sockets.
"wait, what?" he exclaims.
"i know, but i didn't really think anything of it because she has been drinking and smoking. then last week when she was over, we was in my room and we was talking about brandon and she was comforting me. in the moment i guess she ended up kissing me... again" i finish.
"what you mean 'i guess'" he lets out a soft laugh. "wait, why are you telling me this now?" he raises his brows.
"well i don't know finneas... at first i didn't really think about it like that but then the more time we spent... i guess i-" i stop, at a lost for words.
"actually feel something for a girl?" finneas finishes.
"yeah, maybe... i never knew i could feel this way. i'm happy with brandon and i'm pretty sure dallas is feeling her... like a lot" i mumble the last part.
"dallas, who's that?" he chuckles.
"a girl she met last week. they've been hanging out a lot and she's just... always on her" i explain.
"ohhh, i get it! you're jelly!" finneas teases.
"i am not, i guess she just... fascinates me" i say with a straight face.
"fascinates" finneas mocks, bursting into a fit of laughter.
"shut up" i roll my eyes.
"okay i'm sorry" he stops, covering his face.
"anyway, i'm going to a party with brandon and blair is coming coming with a couple of her friends, including dallas. hopefully brandon and i can just have a good time, we've been doing good so far" i smile.
"oh really, well yeah then that should be fun" finneas nods his head. "wait, i have one question" he says with a mischievous smile. "did you like the kiss?" he asks, causing me to look down at my hands. we sit there, in silence for a little bit as i think.
"yeah i think i did. her lips were so soft and it was... passionate. i don't know but i just like to be around her" a small smile crawls to my face just thinking about her.
"well then there you go, just something for you to think about" is all he says. "but wanna get some work done?" he offers.
"sure, need to let loose" i say, standing up from his bed.