chapter 22

billie's pov:
my eyes slowly flutter open, my vision still blurry. i feel my head being raised up and down, realizing i'm still laying on blair, her heart beating at a steady pace. i turn around, meeting her peaceful sleeping face, her mouth slightly parted open.
"it's not nice to stare" she mumbles, opening one eye with a smirk.
"i wasn't- how did you know?" i chuckle, feeling my cheeks warm up.
"i've been awake for like 20 minutes" she smiles, pushing some of my hair away. "lets go brush our teeth, you look so good right now, i just wanna kiss you" she kisses my forehead, quickly getting up.
"i didn't bring my toothbrush" i chuckle, following her to the bathroom.
"it's okay we have extras" she smiles, pulling out a new toothbrush.
"thank you" i smile, putting toothpaste on it. we both brush our teeth, blair occasionally poking my sides, before going back to her room.
"i gotta go to a race today, before i go broke" she sighs, pulling out her phone and texting someone. "you have anything planned for today?" she smiles, rubbing my thigh, before there's a knock on her door.
"blair hunny, you awake?" blair's mom says through the door before slowly opening it.
"just woke up" blair nods.
"oh hey billie" she waves.
"hey" i smile.
"do you think your family can join us for dinner tonight around 9?" she asks.
"of course" i smile, looking over at blair, receiving a wink.
"can't wait" she smiles, before leaving the room.
"looks like we both have plans later" i chuckle.
"lets go do something" she smiles, pulling me closer by my waist.
"like what?" i mumble, feeling my cheeks heat up.
"i don't know... but we can go swimming-" she starts, but is interrupted with her phone ringing. she sucks her teeth, reaching for her phone, quickly picking up a group facetime call.
"she picked up!" tyler shouts.
"of course i did, goofy" she chuckles.
"how was your date?" dakota asks, blair pointing the camera to me, causing dakota to squeal.
"hey" i shyly wave to the camera.
"what's up billie! so what's the word? race doesn't start till 6" ace sighs.
"come over and let's go in the pool" blair suggests, looking over at me for approval. i nod my head, not really caring what we do.
"say no more, i'm gonna invite bella if that's okay" tyler smiles.
"go for it dude" blair chuckles.
"okay ty, i see you" ace hypes up, making us all laugh.
"alright hurry the fuck up, well be waiting" blair shakes her head, hanging up before they can say anything.
"i'll be back, ima go home to grab some clothes" i mention.
"don't take too long" she smiles, before placing a short but sweet kiss on my lips.
i leave blair's house, jogging over to mines, unlocking the door.
"look who decided to come home" i hear finneas' annoying voice tease.
"shut up" i shake my head.
"you look comfy" he teases, pointing to blair's clothes that i forgot i was wearing. not gonna lie her clothes are comfy as fuck and they smell just like her, so i doubt she's getting these back.
"ignore him, how was your date?" claudia asks, giving me a quick hug.
"it went good, really good. she took us to an abandoned rooftop and everything was perfectly set up" i smile, showing them a photo i took.
"awww, that's soo cute" claudia pouts, the front door opening, my parents walking through.
"good everyone is home, blair's family invited us over for dinner so we can talk about tour" i explain.
"that's lovely" my mom smiles, unpacking groceries.
"it's at 9, but i'm gonna go back, we're going swimming" i smile, running upstairs. i change into a one piece, tossing on a shirt and shorts over it.
"have fun!" finneas shouts, as i walkout the door. i decide to enter from the back, since i already hear music blasting outside. i push the gate open to see blair rapping to "never say never." i pull out my phone, recording her since she still hasn't noticed me.
"i can handle him
hold up, i
i can handle him
now he's bigger than me
taller than me
and he's older than me
and stronger than me
and his arm's a little bit longer than me"
"but he ain't on a jb song with me" i decide to join, blair immediately spinning around.
"yooo, you scared the fuck outta me!" she chuckles, running up to me, taking my phone from me. she winks at the camera when she realizes it's recording, before tossing me over her shoulder.
"blairrr!" an unexpected yell comes out, as she walks toward the pool. "don't you dare!" i get out, realizing what she's about to do.
"you'll be fine, i got your phone" she chuckles, my fist hitting her back.
"blair put me down, noww" i let out a nervous laugh.
"say please" i could feel her smirking.
"can you put me down, please?" i repeat. she places me down, handing me my phone back. "you're an ass" i chuckle, posting the video, before pushing her in the pool.
"you're definitely getting it" she smirks once she comes up, pushing her hair away from her face. she gets out of the pool, slowly walking towards me, trapping me in a corner.
"okay, okay...i'm sorry" i manage to get out.
"yurrr!" thankfully someone interrupts. "i brought food" ace chuckles, walking through the gate, tossing the food on the table.
"this isn't over" blair whispers in my ear, before walking up to dakota, sending shivers down my back.
blair's pov:
"what you get me?" i ask, sitting down, billie to my right and dakota to my left.
"rice and tofu with avocado on the side, with whatever sauce this is, yuck" ace chuckles, handing me the separate bag.
"yeah whatever" i roll my eyes, handing billie her plate.
"blair why are you wet?" dakota asks, moving over a bit.
"long story" i chuckle, sneakily placing my hand on billie's thigh, squeezing it.