chapter 17

blair's pov:
i groan, hearing my alarm buzz, immediately opening my eyes.
"turn that shit off" billie mumbles, nuzzling her head deeper into my chest. before i can turn it off, i feel my eyes slowly closing again.
"fuck that sounds annoying blairrr" she whines, feeling her move her head. i attempt to open one of my eyes and see billie staring at me. i sigh, reaching for my phone. i feel the cold surface, picking it up and turning off the alarm.
i look back at billie, noticing her face changing.
"oh, i think im gonna be sick" billie quickly gets up, running to the bathroom.
"oh shit" i say, rubbing my eyes and following her. once i enter the bathroom, billie hangs over the toilet, throwing up a mixture of beans and alcohol. i squat down next to her, holding her hair back and rubbing small circles on her back.
"just let it out" i say in a soothing voice. i cover my nose, the stench burning my nostrils. she finally stops, lifting her head to look at me. i rip a piece of toilet paper, softly wiping her face with a smile. she gives me a half smile, before immediately tossing her head back into the toilet. she finishes, looking back at me.
"who let me drink?" she pouts. i grab more tissues, wiping her face.
"that was all you mama, you swiped a bottle of bacardi, but i took it away. then you decided to take my cup, jugging that shit" i softly chuckle, standing up, offering her my hands. she grabs it, standing up and walking to the sink. she rinses her face off, then grabbing her toothbrush. i walk back to billies room, hearing my phone go off. realizing it's my mom, i quickly pick it up.
"blair, where have you been?" my mom exclaims.
"i know, i know mom. i'm just at billie's, i forgot my keys so i crashed at her place after the party" i make up a lie.
"well we're leaving in an hour, so you should get ready" she sighs. "i'll unlock the door" she adds.
"thank you ma" i respond, before she hangs up. i hear billie's soft footsteps walking back.
i turn around looking at her pale face. "hey, how you feeling?" i give her a soft smile.
"i have a headache" she groans, closing her curtains.
"i'll get you some advil, where do you keep it?" i ask.
"in the kitchen" she yawns. i walk out her room, walking down the stairs, hearing some light laughter coming from the kitchen. i enter the kitchen, maggie cooking, patrick and finneas sitting at the table.
"oh, goodmorning blair, didn't realize you was here. where's billie?" maggie smiles.
"morning and she's upstairs. she just has a headache, do you have any advil?" i ask, billie's mom beginning to shuffle through one of the cabinets.
"here you go" she smiles, handing me a cup of water and the advil bottle.
"thank you" i smile, jogging back upstairs. i push open the door, billie sitting crisscross on her bed, small sniffles escaping.
"oh bil" i say, closing the door. i make my way to her bed, sitting next to her. i place my hand on her knee, her eyes not leaving her folded hands. "here, this should help with the headache" i hand her the cup of water, attempting to break the silence. she looks up, dried tears stained on her cheek. she takes the cup of water and i pop open the bottle, pouring 2 on my hand. i hand it to her with a small smile.
"i feel shitty... physically and emotionally" she mumbles, after swallowing the pills.
"i know billie. you're gonna feel like shit for a while, but i promise it'll get better it just...takes time. trust me i know" i whisper the last part. "listen, i need to get going, but you should come definitely with, you know just to get out the crib" i remove my hand from her knee, grabbing my clothes from her chair.
"i don't wanna leave my bed" she mumbles.
"billie, that's not healthy. you'll just only feel worse, trust me" i turn around, looking into her eyes.
"fine" she responds, i arch my brow. "i'll go" she clears, a small smile forming on my lips.
"alright then, come here" i spread my arms open for her. she smiles, looking down as she stands up. she wraps her arms around my waist and i wrap my arms around her shoulder, pulling her in closer. "you should shower, you smell like sweat, vomit and alcohol" i chuckle.
"fuck you" she jabs my stomach, her laughs vibrating through my chest. i pull away, grabbing my phone and clothes before walking out her room. i walk downstairs, passing the now empty kitchen. i slip on my shoes, exiting the house and jogging over to my house, opening the door. i kick my shoes off, slipping my slides on.
"blair, you gotta hurry!" my mom shouts from the kitchen. "river is already at practice, his game starts at 11:30" she adds, hearing a giggle come out of mason's mouth, as he sat on the floor playing with his toys. i check my phone, walking over to her, 10:10am. i give her a hug as she kisses my cheek.
"you reek" she immediately pulls away.
"ima take a shower" i chuckle.
"please make it quick, it's a long drive" she sighs.
"fineee, oh and i hope it's okay with you, but i invited billie, she's going through something right now" i explain.
"that's fine with me" she smiles. i return the smile before running up the stairs. i go to the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth, simultaneously playing music through the speaker. i turn the shower on, waiting for it to heat up. i then step in, letting the steaming water hit my brown skin, washing away all the sweat. i close my eyes, running my hand through my tangled hair. then my mind wanders off to last night. the feeling of billie's soft plump lips tangled in between mines.
i know i should listen to kota and not invest myself into something there isn't, but i just can't. i feel something every time i'm around her and it's dangerous, i know it is. to be honest, i don't know if it was the drunk or sober billie who was talking last night, but she's giving me mixed signals. maybe i should i see how things go with dallas...
after my shower, i pick out an outfit from my closet, quickly tossing my clothes on.