chapter 31

riley's pov:
saturday night
"fuck" i sigh, laying on the bed.
i was hoping blair would fall for that. i just really want to work things out and get back together. it's one of those situations where you find out you're better with someone when you lose them...
i push myself off the bed, dragging my feet towards the door when i hear a chime. i look around the room, before my eyes land on a lit phone on the floor. i pick it up, looking at the home screen to see a picture of billie eilish with a familiar hand around her neck. i flip the phone around to see a car phone case, the same one blair had when we was together.
"this is definitely her phone..." i smirk to myself, opening up her messages with billie. i read a few cliche messages before, saving billie's number on my phone. i look up my name on her messages, but it doesn't pop up. my brows come to together as i go to her blocked list, my name being the only one on the list. i quickly unblock myself, sending myself a couple messages and responding back on my phone. i quickly close out the messages, putting it back on the floor when the music suddenly stops.
i leave the room, when i hear yelling coming from downstairs. "everybody out of my house!" i run down stairs, joining everyone else that's leaving. on my way out, i get one last good glance at blair before running out the house.
billie's pov:
"goodnight mom" i yawn, closing my hotel door. i take a quick warm shower, dragging my feet towards the bed, pulling out my phone to find messages from blair.
blair: babyy
blair: i missss u
blair: ccalll me when u cann
me: what happen to not partying too hard🤣
me: r u even awake🥺
she texted me at 12:30am when i was on jimmy fallon and it's already 2am so i highly doubt she's awake.
me: goodnightt, call me when u wake up
i text before seeing the back of my eyelids.
blair's pov
"blair? blair? blairr wake up!" dakota taps my arm.
"mmhm" i groan, pulling the covers over my head.
"you gotta get ready it's 8" she yawns.
"ahh, shit" i mumble, feeling a massive headache on my temples. "ima go shower" i slowly get up, rubbing my eyes, making my way to the bathroom. i brush my teeth, before hopping into the shower, letting the steaming water trail down my neck, last nights events replaying in my head.
this is gonna be hard to explain to billie without making it seem like i did something...
i finish my shower, tossing on the lazy fit. "kota can you call my phone? i still can't find that shit" i sigh, walking into my room and checking my pockets from last nights clothes. "had the most driest shower ever."
"do you hear it?" she asks.
"no" i answer.
"i will call again, when's the last time you remember having it?"
"i have no...fucking clue" i try to think of when i last used it.
"oh hold, on it says it's connecting" dakota shows me her phone, connecting to a facetime call.
"oh, hii guys!" ace picks up my phone with a goofy smile, giving us a wave. "blair, i think you left your-" before ace can finish his sentence, the call hangs up.
"no shit, i left my phone" i chuckle, tossing crap into my lv bag.
"he just texted from his phone, your phone died. let's go pick them up" dakota explains.
"lets get outta here then" i roll my suitcase out my room, my mom's door swinging open.
"hey mom, i didn't know you were still home" i smile.
"decided to go in a little late. hi dakota, what's with the suitcase?" my mom asks.
"oh, i'm surprising billie in new york. kinda of a last minute decision, sorry i didn't tell you about this earlier" i apologize.
"don't worry about it. have fun and be safee" she pulls me into a hug. "text me when you get there."
"i will ma" i respond. "love you."
"love you more."
i bring my suitcase downstairs, packing my luggage in dakota's trunk, hopping in the passenger seat.
"are you going to tell billie what happened?" dakota starts up the conversation.
"i want to... just debating on how to go about it" i answer truthfully.
"well listen, you told me what happened and i 100 percent believe you, so just be honest with her and it shouldn't be a big deal. it's better to tell her than her finding out herself someway, somehow" dakota advises.
"yeah, you right" i lean my head against the window.
"call ace to come out" dakota mentions, when we eventually pull up on his street, handing me her phone.
"yo ace hurry up, we outsidee" i yell, quickly hanging up. a few seconds later, ace, sky and ty walk out the door. they all hop in the back, dakota driving off.
"i'm surprised you're not grounded tyler" i smirk.
"you think i'm not? i snuck out for you" he chuckles.
"my man" i dap him up.
"i forgot to charge your phone, mate" ace hands me back my phone.
"nice" i fake smile.
"don't worry we got a blizzy for you" tyler smirks, pulling it out of his pocket.
"do i at least get duce?" i ask.
"nah, even better. you get to spark it" he smirks, handing it over.
"sayless" i gladly take it, sparking the blunt.
time skip
as soon as the plane lands, i grab my shit, walking off the plane. i roll my neck, feeling it cramp up from sleeping wrong on the plane. i grab my luggage ordering an uber, deciding on texting finneas. thankfully my portable charger charged my phone to 100.
me: i just landed in ny
finny👨🏻‍🦰:...
me:...
finny👨🏻‍🦰: billie is really upset blair
finny👨🏻‍🦰: i don't think u should come to the show
i arch my eyebrows in confusion, rolling my suitcase outside.
me: wait what
me: why
me: what happened, is she okay??
finny👨🏻‍🦰: really?
me: really, what finneas?
me: what the fuck happened? just tell me
me: did i do something???
i hear excessive honking that grabs my attention, my head immediately shooting up.
"blair?" a driver asks.
"yeah" i respond, as he hops out the car, taking my suitcase. i get in the car, checking my phone to see finneas' text bubble keep disappearing, making my heart rate fasten.
finny👨🏻‍🦰: just meet me at the hotel
finny👨🏻‍🦰: claudia took bil out before the show starts
me: omw, inna uber
what could i have possibly done? my legs immediately start bouncing up and down, my palms starting to become clammy.
"the hotel" the uber driver clarifies after a 10 minute drive.
"yeah, thank you" i smile, as he helps me out with my luggage.
"have a good time" he waves.
"you as well" i smile, even though i'm lowkey shitting bricks right now.
me: in the lobby
finny👨🏻‍🦰: coming
a few minutes later, the elevator door opens, revealing finneas.
"hey" i awkwardly smile, not knowing how he's gonna react.
"how was your flight?" he gives me a hug.
"good until i got off, can you explain what's going on?" i ask.
"lets go to my room, need help with your luggage?"
"nah, i got it" i follow him into the elevator. the elevator goes up before stopping, dinging at our floor. i follow finneas down the hall when he comes to a stop, tapping a keycard on the hotel door, it unlocking.
"okay now explain what's going on please" i plead, sitting on the edge of the bed.
"so you really don't know?" finneas asks.
"no finneas" i sigh, my hands starting to slightly shake from the anticipation.
"when billie came back, she tried to call you but you didn't answer. she just thought you passed out from being drunk. but this morning she woke up to being tagged in a post of you lying in bed with your ex and a screenshot of your follow up text with your ex" finneas explains, handing me his phone with the post.
"what!?" i scrunch my eyebrows, raising the brightness, taking a good look at the photo, genuinely confused. "finneas..." i whisper, a small smile forming. it's an old photo of me spooning riley, her top clearly off so it definitely looks bad.
"why are you smiling, this isn't funny" finneas says with a serious face, which i'm not used to seeing.
"finneas, take a good look at this photo please. what do i have now that this picture doesn't?" i ask. he zooms in the photo, before taking a good look at me. i slightly turn my neck, pointing at my neck tattoo. he looks back down at the photo, his eye widening, quickly looking back at my neck.
"shit, blair... i'm sorry. i shouldn't have just assumed. what about the texts?"
i scroll to the next post, reading the screenshot of text that's supposed to be riley and i.
me: hey, had a great time
riley: me too, i missed ur touch😫
riley: what does this mean?
riley: i still love you
me: i love you too
"let me explain what happened last night. i went into tyler's guest room to call billie. when she wouldn't pick up, i figured she was already on jimmy fallon. so i stayed in the room, laying on the bed when my ex came in and sat on top of me. i dropped my phone during that and didn't get it back until i was leaving to the airport this morning. she's been trying to get back with me, so she'll do anything to break us up" i explain. i pull out my phone, checking my messages.
"so she messaged herself from your phone?"
"she had to... she wants billie to think i reached out to her first. and if she sees it's from my phone, she'll think it's not fake" i sigh, putting the pieces together.
i hear laughter coming from the other side of the hotel door, before there's a small beep, the door creaking open. i turn my head around to see billie and claudia, holding a few bags.
"billie" i whisper. billie freezes when her eyes meet mine, before turning around and running off, my heart immediately dropping at her reaction.
***
cliffhangerr lmaooo🤣, nbs this was gonna be longer but then i was like ima just split it leave it on a cliffhanger and give an early update😌🥰
how y'all feelin about what y'all just read🙂
-bri🐢