chapter 15

blair's pov:
i feel something hairy, touching my hand. i open one eye and see bellamy on the floor looking at me. "outside buddy?" i question. he turns around in excitement at my choice of words. i look over to see billie asleep, both arms wrapped around my waist, her head on my chest.
i smile, noticing her cute nose twitching. i move a piece of hair out of her face. she looks so peaceful when she's sleeping.
aw man, i gotta stop with this!
i reach over for my phone to only realize it's 12:50pm. shit. i have a few calls and text from my friends asking where i'm at, especially from dakota.
kota🥰💕: want me to pick u up so we can get bagels b4 school
kota🥰💕: ok blair it's 820 you should be up by now
kota🥰💕: are u serious, blair wake the fuck up or ima beat ur fucking ass🤬
kota🥰💕: fine leave me all alone in school 🥺
kota🥰💕: ok blair, now what's up! it's lunch and u haven't replied, did u die😔...
sent 12:20pm
i laugh at the last comment.
"what's so funny?" i hear billie's voice croak.
"toma" i say handing her my phone.
"so you speak spanish now?" she chuckles. not gonna lie, billie's morning voice sounds so hot.
"i don't even speak spanish lol" i quote x's song.
"you're annoying" she laughs softly, looking at the texts. "well damn, felt like a roller coaster reading that shit" she chuckles, sitting up.
"ima tell her it's all billie's fault that i overslept" i shrug my shoulders with a smirk.
"yeah whatever, eat my ass" she snickers, handing me my phone.
"when and where?" i ask, holding a serious face. before she can respond, her phone starts ringing and it's a facetime call from brandon.
"your boyfriend awaits" i tease, getting up and stretching, as she picks up.
"hey baby, what you doing?" he ask, driving.
"i just woke up" she yawns.
"for the first time you actually slept in, huh?" he jokes.
"felt good to be honest" she looks at me smiling. i wink at her causing her cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. i leave my room going downstairs, letting bellamy out back. i go back upstairs to the bathroom and brush my teeth. once i was done, i walk back to the room, billie no longer on the phone.
"is it fair for me to just say that i don't like him?" i ask laying back down.
"why?" she chuckles.
"because, he seems like a dick... and i don't like dicks" i make a funny face, causing her to erupt into a fit of laughter.
"wanna come to my studio, we can get started on your lessons?" she changes the subject.
"yeah let me just shower first" i respond. i walk billie out, bringing in bellamy before going to take a shower. after my semi long shower, i pick out some clothes from my closet, tossing them on.

i pick up my phone to reply to dakota, but noticing a reply already sent

me: sorry mamas, this is billie! i kinda kept ur friend up all night 🤣
kota🥰💕: oh heyy billie
kota🥰💕: and thank god, i thought she died
i chuckle at the interaction, tossing a few things in my fanny, swinging it over my head. i grab my guitar then making my way downstairs. i head out locking the door, making my way to billie's house.
billie's pov:
i walk into my house, tossing my keys on the table.
"there you are! where in the hell have you been?" i hear my brother's voice shout as he stands up from the couch.
i turn around, "uh-hehe, hi" i give a small wave, noticing claudia with him.
"we was worried about you" claudia, comes up to me, embracing me in a small hug.
"yeah, i know i know, i'm sorry. i was just over at blair's. we went for a walk last night, and i kinda lost track of time" i explain.
"oh, well next time just let us know" he says, pulling me into a hug.
"okay finny" i say my voice muffled. "ima go shower before she comes over" i say before running to the bathroom, hopping in the shower.
after my warm shower, i pick out a comfortable outfit, tossing it on.
i check the time and it's already 1:40pm.
"billie" i hear my name being called. i grab my phone, walking downstairs, noticing finneas and claudia talking to blair.
"finally" blair smirks.
"oh shush, come on" i smile, opening the door to the basement, going down. i hear her feet shuffling behind me, the stairs creaking.
"okay, now make me a god at guitar" she says, plopping down on the couch.
"it won't work if youre a slow learner" i joke.
"ay, take that back" she fake pouts. "i'm not slow, i'm just..." she trails off.
"uhh huh, you're just what?" i tease, causing her to throw a pillow at my face.
"keep that same energy eilish" she smirks. "now teach mee" she whines, strumming the guitar.
"you're not even holding it right" i chuckle, getting up off the chair and sitting next to her.
"what you mean?" she scrunches her eyebrows, looking down at her positioning.
"you just gotta-" i say before placing my hand over her left one, adjusting her grip on the neck part of the guitar. "like that" i smile, removing my hands from her warm hands.
"good my wrist was hurting like that" she chuckles. i shake my head, watching blair's curls bounce when she moves. "now what?" she asks, looking up at me.
"put your index finger on the 3rd fret, covering the rest. your middle finger on the 4th one, which is the b string. your ring finger on the 5th fret string which is g and finally your pinky on the d string" i explain, pointing to each string, "now strum down from that a string." she strums it, smiling. "that's c minor" i mention.
"sounds beautiful" she whispers, looking into my eyes. "and you said i wasn't a fast learner" she says, this time louder.
"that was one note" i chuckle.
i've been teaching blair some basic chords for about an hour when we hear the basement door open, heavy feet walking down the steps.
"brandon? who let you in?" i scrunch my eyebrows at the sight of brandon smiling.
"oh, your parents just came home so they let me in. finneas told me you was down here" he comes closer to me, kissing my cheek before sitting on the rolling chair.
well that's awkward, i didn't even tell them about brandon. i'll tell them later tonight.
"oh, didn't expect you to come. i was just teaching blair how to play the guitar" i explain, looking over at blair, just to see her mood has changed.
"yeah, i was just passing by when i figured i would just stop by" he smiles, "and what up blair, i'm brandon" he nods his head at blair.
"good to meet you" she gives him a half smile.
blair strums her guitar as we all awkwardly sit here in silence. i check the time and it's already 3:50pm.
"hey babe, you wanna go to a party with me this friday? my friend, maurice, you meet him before right? well yeah it's his birthday so yeah" brandon breaks the silence, not looking up from his phone.
"um, i don't know if that'll be a g-" before i can finish he cuts me off.
"oh come on! it'll be fun i promise and i'll be with you at all times. blair can come too if you want" he says finally looking up. at the mention of her name, blair's head shoots up, looking at me.
"okay fine" i sigh giving in. "you wanna go blair?" i ask, looking at her with pleading eyes.
"sure, can i bring my friends?" she ask.
"definitely, shits gone be lit" brandon answers with a laugh.
"ight, ima head out" blair says (spongebob meme lmfaoo, no... just me? ok, cool), standing up with her guitar in hand.
"i'll walk you out" i get up, kinda not wanting her to leave. i guess brandon and i can spend sometime together i guess. i follow her up the stairs, brandon not moving an inch.
"oh hey blair, it's nice to see you" my mom smiles from the kitchen.
"hey maggie, how are you?" blair asks.
"good, just went grocery shopping" she replies, putting some food away.
"i'll see you later" she waves as i open the front door.
"bye" she replies as blair steps out onto the porch.
"sorry our lesson got cut short" i give her an apologetic smile.
"don't worry about it, i need to get ready for a race anyway" she mentions.
"can i come? i haven't seen a race in a while" i ask with a smile.
"i mean yeah, sure, but there usually is a lot of people there" she says, scratching her neck. "but you can ride with me if you want?" she offers.
"sounds good" i give her a goofy smile.
"stop smiling like that weirdo" she chuckles, pulling me into a hug with her free hand around my shoulder. i lay my head on her chest, wrapping my hands around her waist, enjoying the comfort.
"i'll see you soon" she winks, pulling away. i wave, feeling my cheeks heat up. i watch her jog to her garage. i smile, going back in the house.
"there you are, what took so long?" brandon ask, coming from the basement.
"i was just talking to blair. she's going to a race and she's letting me come. do you wanna join me?" i smile, poking his sides.
"ouu a race! that sounds lit, but i can't tonight baby. it's boys night out and i missed the last one so i can't today" he smiles apologetically.
"oh okay" i frown.
a boys night out on a tuesday? okay.
"don't worry about it, let's spend sometime together now" he smiles, wrapping his arms around my waist. i give him a small smile.
"lets go up to your room. i wanna show you this new song i'm working on" he smiles, pulling me up the stairs.
blair's pov:
i jog over to my garage, pulling over my car cover. i turn the light on and popping the hood of my car. i connect my phone to my car speakers, which has so much bass, playing a boogie. i start inspecting the engine and checking the oil, letting my thoughts roll by.
damn why does brandon have to always interrupt us?
not gonna lie when billie was positioning my hand, i felt a warm spark shoot through. i'm interrupted from my thoughts when my music stops, my phone ringing. i wipe my hand on a rag, walking to the drivers side, picking up my phone from the chair. it's dallas facetiming me, i smile picking up, getting comfortable in my car.
(normal: blair, bold: dallas)
hey shorty
hey blair, you going to that race today? my brother wants me to come today so i was hopping you was going
yeah i was actually getting my car ready. i'll be there with my friends
can't wait, my friends are coming as well i'll see you there
i wink at her, causing her to blush, then she hangs up. i smile, facetiming the group chat. tyler and dakota immediately picking up.
"yoo, blair where was your lazy ass at?" tyler yells, driving.
"i overslept because billie and i was up till like 3 or 4, i can't remember" i chuckle.
"whaa?" he gasps, shocked.
"yeah, billie sent me a text from her phone" dakota speaks and it looks like she's laying on her bed. tatum and ace finally picks up.
"yo, soccer practice just finished what's up?" ace says, trying to catch his breath.
"um, race tonight, y'all coming?" i ask.
"i'm down, i just need to shower" ace replies. "i'll see y'all there" he says before hanging up.
"i'm on my way to work right now" tyler glances at the phone.
"busy guy, have fun" i smile.
"i'll talk to y'all later" he says before hanging up.
"i definitely wanna race tonight, i might ask zion if he wants to come" tatum squeals.
"you go do that, kota you coming?" i raise an eyebrow, tatum hanging up.
"sure, why not" she smiles.
"oh yeah, billie is coming. she actually really likes this shit and it's been a while since she's been to one so i said why not" i mention with a smile.
"oh yeah, and how's that going?" she ask, putting me on pause.
"what, billie?" i question.
"yeah, you know what i'm talking about" she chuckles.
"oh um nothin, we're just friends. she's giving me guitar lessons so yeah. oh today brandon randomly showed up when she was helping me and it was awkward as shit. but anyway he invited me to a party so yeah y'all are coming with" i inform.
"oouu a party" she queals.
"i'll see you at the meet up, later love" i smile.
she takes me off of pause with a big smile, "see you later, love you" then she hangs up. my music continues to play and i continue to work on my car.
i lock my car, when i hear a car pull into the driveway and notice it's my mom. i smile, walking up to her car and opening the door for her.
"hey ma" i smile.
"hey sweetie, where you heading?" she ask returning the smile. she gets out the car, locking it. she opens the front door, entering the house. i follow her as she takes her things off.
"oh um, i was just heading out to a race" i respond, scratching my neck.
"you have to be careful, you know what will happen if you were to get caught again" my mom looks in my eyes with a serious tone.
"yeah, i know ma. i just can't help it, but i'm always safe" i give her a reassuring smile, pulling her into a hug. "ima go for a walk with bellamy, then ima head out" i let her know. i take bellamy's leash, dangling it, hearing his collar when he runs up to me.
"ok i need a nap before i start to cook" she yawns, walking upstairs.
i connect bell's leash, before walking out. i put my airpods in, walking towards 7 eleven.
after my peaceful walk with bellamy, i put him back inside, feeding him. i walk back out to my car, revving the engine. as i'm revving the engine, billie's door opens, brandon walking out first. he pulls her into a hug when they reach his car. they exchange a few words while i just scroll through my phone. i hear his car drive off, footsteps coming closer. i look up and see billie standing in front of my car.
i honk the horn with a smirk and she jumps up. "jerk" she flicks me off, opening the passenger door. i stand up, tossing a few things in my trunk just in case. i finally sit down, closing the door and clicking in my seatbelt.
"you sure you wanna come?" i ask, looking over at her. "you know sometimes these events can be dangerous... and cause trouble" i warn.
"yeah i'm no pussy" she chuckles.
"alrighty then lets get outta here" i smirk, exiting my driveway, then speeding off.
"holy shit blair" billie screams, holding onto the door handle.
"i thought you ain't no pussy" i chuckle, slowing down, taking a turn.
"whatever" she shakes her with a small smile.
after a 15 minute drive, i pull into the abandoned strip, noticing all the cars down at the end of the line. i speed my way down, parking my car where my friends are surrounded.
"time to have some fun" i give billie a smile before hopping out.
"i missed you, you bum" dakota pouts, pulling me into a hug. i give her a soft chuckle, accepting the hug.
"oh billie, you made it" ace smiles. i check the time and it's already 5:20pm.
"what's up ace" i dap ace up. "hey skylar" i smile giving her a small hug.
"finally you're here" i hear a familiar female's voice. i turn around and see dallas in a hoodie, a jean jacket, leggings and air force ones.
"hey girl" a smile covers my face and she wraps her hands around my neck. i wrap my arms around her waist, inhaling her strawberry scent.
"you should race my brother" she says, pulling away. "oh hey billie" dallas waves.
"hey dallas" billie smiles, putting her shades on and adjusting her hoodie.
"yeah where he's at? and i hope you're cool with me beating his ass real quick" i chuckle and she playfully hits my stomach.
"whatever, we'll see" she giggles. "oh and you'll be able to meet my friends, their on their way" she mentions and i nod my head.
i hear a loud roar and look over, squinting my eyes. i notice tatum's orange z11 camero. she slows down, parking then getting out.
"you really left me alone with riley bro. she was annoying the shit outta me about dallas" tatum says, whispering dallas' name as i pull her into a hug.
"just ignore her" i chuckle.
"anyway, guys meet zion. zion this is blair, dakota, ace, skylar and billie" tatum introduces.
"oh hey zion, ironic we both meet someone with the same friends" dallas talks to zion.
"right" he chuckles.
"what's up" i say, looking at a tall boy with light brown eyes, and tight brown curls. "oh yeah y'all this is dallas, dallas this is dakota, tatum, ace, and skylar. there's also tyler but he's working" i introduce. everyone says hi while i walk up to billie.
"wanna walk around and check out all the cars?" i offer with a smile.
"sure" she smiles. we walk around, coming across civics, ferraris, hatchbacks and more.
"damn, i miss this" she smiles, as one of the guy revvs his car in front of us.
"maybe we can race when you have your car" i smirk.
"one day" she smiles.
"oh there you are" i turn around and see dallas, with a tall guy with curly brown hair and green eyes. "blair this is my brother, eli and eli this is blair" she introduces.
"oh shit this is your brother?" i ask shocked.
"this is who you was talking about. i've raced her before and... lost" eli whispers the last part, causing me to laugh.
"damn what the fuck eli" she jokes. "anyway let me introduce you to my friends" dallas says, bringing us back. i see some of my friends talking to some random kids around our age. "well looks like y'all already introduced yourselves" dallas chuckles. "guys this is blair, the girl i've been talking about. blair this is naomi, bella, zaire, terrance, jayden, raymond and you already meet zion" she introduces me to her friends.
"hey, so y'all race?" i ask with a smile.
"i do" raymond waves.
"what you drive?" i nod in his direction.
"a supra" he smirks.
"i drive a rx8 mazda" terrance smiles.
"oh i drive a gtr" bella mentions.
"nice" i smile.
"yo i'm up next" ace says, getting in his car. i lean against my car, folding my hands, getting a view of ace and his opponent in a corvette. billie walks up to me, leaning against my car to my right.
"how you liking it?" i ask.
"i feel... normal" she softly laughs. "i was just talking to raymond about cars shows and shit... and i haven't felt like this in a while. i like it a lot" she chuckles at the end.
"that's good tho, i'm glad. you should always feels normal, you're just like us... teenagers who want to enjoy life" i smile, looking into her eyes.
"the race is about to start" i hear dallas's voice coming from my left.
"get over here" i say, pulling her between my legs. she leans against my chest and i wrap my arms around her. everyone comes over to my car, since it's closer as the lady flagger holds the flags in the air.
loud engines fill the air, cheers roaring. the half naked women crosses the flag in the air, before bringing it down to her sides. ace immediately takes off, the audi s8 following. ace has some distance, before the audi can somewhat match his speed.
"oh shit, this is close" tatum jumps. they drive further down, away from our view to tell whose first.
"come on ace" i cheer.
"who won?" one of the guys speaks into the walkie talkie.
there's silence for a moment before we hear shuffling coming from the other end.
"ace" he replies and we all erupt into cheers.
"lets fucking go" i cheer. ace rides back down in his black corvette. he parks next to my car, getting out, skylar giving him a kiss. everyone crowds ace, including dallas.
"that shit was sick" billie says, looking impressed.
"just wait till it's my turn" i smirk. the guy in the audi, daps up ace, handing him the cash. once the crowd around ace disperses, i dap him up.
"thought you lost for a second" i joke, and he sucks his teeth. "nah, i'm playing" i chuckle.
"you did awesome" billie compliments.
"just the usual" he smirks, dusting his shoulders off. "you up next?" he asks me.
"i think so" i respond, looking around.
"yo billie, come here! i wanna show you what i was talking about real quick" raymond shouts, coming up to us. billie then looks over at.
"go enjoy yourself girl" i chuckle, playfully pushing her.
dallas comes up to me, leaning her head on my arm. "you know who you gonna race tonight?" she questions.
"no clue, i'm gonna have to go ask around. or maybe one of your friends wanna catch this wreck" i softly laugh.
"you sure talk a lot of shit, hot stuff" she giggles. "bella, come here" she shouts, waving over bella who was talking to dakota.
"what's sup, hey, blair right?" she looks over at me and i nod my head with a smile.
"good to meet you, dallas has been talking a lot about you since y'all first met" she chuckles. dallas hits bella's shoulder, as her cheeks flush red.
"oh really" i tease, causing her more embarrassment.
"i do not! anyway the reall reason i called you over is to see if you wanna race blair" dallas explains.
"i wasn't really planning on racing today, but sure i'm down. i don't have much cash on me right now, but we can do 250" she suggests.
"yeah that's fine, good luck" i smirk.
"likewise" she says before walking away to her car.
"looks like i better get ready" i say, guiding her to my car.
"not gonna lie, bella's a badass racer" she smiles, standing in front the driver side, biting her lip.
"oh really" i smirk, placing my hands on either side of her.
billie's pov
"that's dope, i'm not gonna lie" i raise my eyebrows, looking at raymond's engine.
"what did dallas want?" raymond says looking over my shoulder. i turn around to see bella.
"she wants me to race blair, so i'm gonna get ready" bella explains. i look around for blair and notice her hovering over dallas by her car. dallas giggles at whatever she just said, placing her hands on her waist. blair wastes no time, leaning in placing her lips on to dallas'.
"well let's get a good view" raymond suggests. we walk over to everyone else at the front.
"you got this blair and be safe" dakota gives blair a hug.
"yeah, yeah" blair chuckles.
"good luck, blair" i give her a small smile.
"thanks bil" she returns the smile. dallas opens the door for blair, giving her a kiss.
jeez, how many times are they gonna kiss? wait... why do i care? i should be happy for blair, i am happy for her.
blair hops in, clicking her seatbelt, tossing her helmet on. she turns her car on, revving the engine. she drives around, pulling up side by side with bella.
"blair got this in the bag" ace hypes.
"nah, bella's a force" terrance shakes his head.
"you wanna bet on it? 50 bucks" ace smirks.
"bet" terrance shakes hands with ace. the flagger holds both of the flags, as they both rev their car. she immediately brings it down to her sides, blair jumping first.
"yes" dakota claps.
bella's reaction time is slow, but she is able to quickly catch up.
"haha, lets go bella" terrance pumps his fist. bella swerves a bit, causing a reaction out of the crowd.
"she's good" jayden reassures.
"having fun billie?" i hear my name and turn my head to see dakota.
"yeah, this shits dope" i smile. i look in the direction of the race, blair clearly ahead. "she's gonna win" i smile.
"fuck yeah she is" she smirks.
"what's the verdict?" i hear, everyone silent.
"blair!" the other guy shouts from the walkie talkie. everyone erupts into cheers. some complaint that they lost a bet.
"see! what did i tell you?" ace shouts.
"she got that" terrance chuckles, paying him. i hear blair's car, as she speeds her way down. she slows down as she comes near us, where she was parked before. once she parks, everyone surrounds her car.
"i'm not surprised" ace smirks, doing their handshake.
"you did awesome blair" dakota gives her a hug.
"thank you" she says as bella walks over.
"not bad blair, i honestly thought i had it" bella chuckles, handing over her cash.
"i'm untouchable" blair smirks, her eyes landing on mines. she winks, putting her money in her pocket. i look away, feeling my cheeks heat up.
what the fuck...what is that about?
"anyway, tatum you still wanna race?" raymond asks.
"hell yeah, i'm itching to race" she chuckles.
"well come on, get ready to get your ass beat" raymond laughs.
"we'll see about that" tatum shakes her head, heading towards her car. everyone else does their own thing and i walk up to blair, who is talking to dallas.
"impressed?" she questions with a goofy smile.
"mmmm, maybe" i act like i'm thinking about it.
"yeah ight, i bet you're scared to go against me now" she playfully hits my shoulder.
"i'll never be scared. i'm no pussy" i smile.
"you're really fucking good at this blair" dallas says, leaning her head on blair's shoulder.
"thank you, and i know i was meant to do this" she says glancing at me.
"i'll be right back i need to talk to noami" dallas excuses herself.
"billie, you know we can like get that match going any day now, if you know you're not scared" blair smirks. "but anyway how you feeling?" she chuckles, pulling out a blunt and lighting it.
"i'm good, feel like i made new friends, and not to mention the intense races that's been going on" i laugh softly. "i wish brandon was here... i think he would've like it" i say.
"oh, where is he anyway?" she ask, turning her body so she's fully facing me.
"i guess it's 'boys night out' and he can't miss this one because he missed the last one" i air quote.
"on a tuesday... that's weird" she chuckles.
"that's what i was thinking" i agree
"well he's missing out, and at least you're having a good time" she smiles.
"yeah you're right" i give her a small smile.