chapter 27

billie's pov:
it's been two weeks since blair asked me to be her girlfriend and things have been great ever since, even though i've been kinda stress with getting ready for tour. thankfully she has been here to help take my mind off things. there has been some speculation of us being together since being spotted holding hands a couple of times, but we still haven't made our relationship public and it's definitely not stopping everyone from shipping us together. it's 10pm and we're currently packing our things because we leave for miami in the morning.
"i think you packed a bit too much" blair mumbles, tugging on the zipper to the suitcase.
"too much? we're gonna be gone for a month, if anything i didn't pack enough" i chuckle, sitting on the suitcase.
"guarantee you you'll just take my clothes" she smirks.
"you're probably right" i chuckle.
"fin-a-fucking-ly" she gives me an accomplished smile when she finally gets it closed, pecking my lips, her phone ringing.
"yo what's up?" she answers the phone, sitting on the edge of the bed. "i don't know man, i would but i gotta be up early" i walk over to her, straddling her lap, my hands snaking around her neck. "you gotta convince me more than that bro, im already enjoying myself" she winks, wrapping her arms around my waist. "oh shit really? bet, ill be there soon" she smiles, hanging up the phone and tossing it to the side.
"doesn't sound like it took much to convince you" i chuckle, running my hands through her hair.
"i'm sorry mamas, someone from outta state is tryna race me before they leave tonight. i know we was gonna watch a movie and cuddle, buttt do you mind if i go?"
"not at all, i know how much you'll miss it when we're gone" i smile.
"you're the best, ill make it up to you" she smirks, squeezing my hip.
"i'll count you on that, but just be safe out there baby" i whisper, softly stroking her cheek.
"of course, i always am" she gives me a soft smile, attaching her lips against mine. "i'll.be.back.before.you.know.it" she says in between kisses.
blair's pov:
"yoo there's mad heads here, they're gonna make it hot" i shout when i pull up to the race, hopping out my car.
"yeah apparently there's a whole crew from houston" tyler answers.
"including jerome, so it's definitely gonna be an interesting night" ace smirks, dapping me up.
"i can't believe you're leaving tomorrow and i won't see you for a whole month" dakota pouts, pulling me into a hug.
"don't worry billie said y'all can come to a show, anyway who wanted to race me?" i look around, checking out the different cars lined up on the sidelines.
"he's over there, he owns that type r" ace nods in the direction of the crowd surrounding a yellow type r.
"bet, ima go see what's up" i smirk, making my way towards them.
"aye blair!" one of the racers that i'm cool with shouts.
"hey jinx, heard someone wanted to race" i smirk, dapping him up.
"that'll be me, i'm rj" a tall light skinned guy buds in.
"blair."
"i know who you are mami, apparently you're the fastest they got. so am i" he smirks, tucking some of my hair behind my ear.
"let's get this straight i'm not your mami, i like it when my girl calls me daddy. and lay another finger on me and you'll regret it" i narrow my eyes, swatting his hand away.
"damn cabron, i told you not to fuck with her" jinx laughs, slapping  his shoulder, making me smirk.
"my fault...tryna work on myself" he mumbles sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.
"anyway lets get this over with, what we doing? how much you got?" i sigh.
"i got 250."
"i know i didn't come here for 250, make it 500" i challenge.
"cocky much?"
"i'm not cocky, i just know what i'm capable of" i smirk, folding my arms.
"alright fine, 500" he rolls his eyes, finally agreeing.
"bet, let them know we're up next" i smile, before walking back to my friends.
"how'd it go?" ace asks.
"another fuck boy, he really thought i'll be fine with him touching me" i shake my head.
"yo blair, road is ready!" jinx shouts.
"so show him what's up" tyler smirks, dapping me up. i hop in my car, pulling up to the start line. i rev my car, focusing on the flag that is in the girls hand, blocking out the cheers and banging music. the second she brings the flag down, i press down on the clutch and gas, immediately shifting gears. i let him take the lead for a bit, before sneaking up on him, our cars going head to head. a smirk tugs on my lip, when i feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins, my grip tightening around the wheel. i quickly look to my right making eye contact with him, grinning as i toss the car in fifth, zooming pass him.
"woo, let's go baby!" i shout, when i cross the finish line, rj right on my tail. i slow down, turning around, making my way back.
"i'm not gonna lie, that was one of the best match i had in a grip. i'm sorry we got on the wrong foot" rj apologizes, handing me the money.
"yea don't try that shit again and we'll be aight" i mumble, counting the cash before putting it in my fanny pack, my friends running up to me.
"for a minute there i thought you was gonna lose" ace chuckles.
"i feel offended, it wasn't even that close of a match" i pout, playing music from my car.
"extended the clip like pinocchio, i think that im high off the dosido she wanna ride like a rodeo i keep me a glock like .44!" tyler and i rap in sync. i toss my right hand up, grabbing my pants, rocking my shoulders.
"okayy blair, i see you" dakota hypes.
"ayee, get sturdy!" ace jumps in, spinning around.
"stop fucking playing with me before i get nutty!" i laugh. "alright, alright i'm gonna bounce right after your match ace, so make it good" i smirk when the song ends, pulling out a blunt i rolled earlier.
"i gotchu, ayo where's jerome?" ace shouts, hopping into his car.
"i'm right here, come on ima kick your ass" he smirks, getting into his own car. they both line up with one of the girls standing in the middle with a flag.
"wooo, you got this baby!" skylar cheers when he revs his car.
"so this is like what, they're third time racing?" i ask, passing tyler the blunt.
"yeah, it's 1-0 ace, but they didn't get to finish the last race" he responds, both cars taking off with jerome in the lead.
"come on ace!" tyler shouts. they pass the halfway mark when jerome starts loosing control of his car, ace finally catching up.
"fuck, this doesn't look good" i suck my teeth, jerome swerving side to side into ace's lane. with not enough distance to stop, ace smacks into the driver's side, jerome's car flipping over.
"yeoo, what the fuck just happened!?" someone shouts, multiple people running towards them.
"someone call an ambulance!"
"blair, you have to go!" tyler shouts.
"we just can't leave him here" i argue.
"we'll obviously stay but you need to go before 12 catch you out here. they'll know what went down and you know they wanna fuck with you" tyler reminds me, running towards ace not giving me time to argue back, but he's right.
"just meet us at the hospital" dakota reassures me, pulling me to my car. "i'll call you when i'm there, drive safe" she gives me a hug, before opening my car door. i hop in, slowly driving off, passing by ace's destroyed car, jerome flipped over.
"fuck! fuck! fuck!" i shout, banging on my steering wheel. i'm pretty sure i blanked out while driving because i'm currently standing in front of billie's door. i knock a few times, bouncing on my heels, the door opening a few seconds later revealing billie.
"hey i was just gonna c-" i cut her off, pulling her into a much needed hug. "baby you're shaking, what happened?" she whispers, closing the door and pulling me over to the couch.
"i-it's ace, h-he" i stutter.
"hey hey, breathe. okay? take your time" she whispers, grabbing my hand, giving it a small squeeze.
"ace...he's in the hospital. he was racing, until jerome started swerving in his lane and it was too late for ace to stop. he smacked right into him...it w-was bad bil" i manage to explain, feeling my eyes water.
"it's okay, ace is going to be fine. everything's going to be okay, i'm just glad you're here" billie reassures, rubbing my cheek. "want me to drive you to the hospital?" she asks, earning a small nod.
"let me just go tell finneas so he doesn't freak out" she mumbles, running off to finneas' room. a few minutes later, billie comes back followed by finneas.
"hey blair, how you're holding up?" finneas asks, giving me a hug.
"just a bit shaken up" i mumble.
"i'll drive" he gives me a soft smile, opening the door. billie grabs my hand, pulling me to finneas' car, opening the door. she lets me in first, sliding in right after. i daze out the window, my right leg bouncing up and down when i feel billie's small hand intertwine with mines. i turn my attention to her, giving her a small smile, my leg no longer bouncing. after an uneventful ride, we finally make it to the hospital.
"ill meet y'all inside, i need to find parking" finneas mentions, pulling in front of the hospital.
"thank you finneas" i give him a small smile, before stepping out of his tesla. i speed walk into the emergency waiting room, spotting the reception desk, billie trailing in close behind me.
"hey, i'm looking for my friend he was in a car accident" i rush out, rapidly tapping my finger on the desk. "yo! tell me where he's at!" i slightly raise my voice when the receptionist ignores me.
"blair, over here!" i turn around to see tyler and kota consoling skylar. billie grabs onto my arm, pulling me toward them.
"how is he? have you heard anything?" i question, recognizing a few heads from the race, probably here for jerome.
"there's no point they won't tell us anything. we just need to wait for his parents to come" tyler sighs. on queue ace's parents storm through the door.
"where's our son!?" ace's dad yell, walking up to the receptionist.
"sir calm down, the doctor will be out soon to inform you about your sons condition" the receptionist responds.
"oh, now this bitch wanna talk?" i roll my eyes.
"you must be family for ace?" a doctor questions, coming through the door with a nurse by his side.
"yes, we're his parents, how is he? can we see him?" his mom asks.
"he is in stable condition, however he has a few broken ribs and a cut tendon which will require surgery. we need to get your permission and sign some paperwork before we can get started" the doctor explains. he goes in depth about the procedure, but i zone that out noticing ace's brother, izzy, sleeping on the chair.
"you kids should go home, we'll stay here but there's nothing you can do now" ace's dad breaks the silence, rubbing his forehead.
"mr. and mrs. king, we're sorry" tyler frowns.
"it's not either of your faults, we are all well aware of the risks y'all take when racing" ace's mom reassures, hugging skylar. "now, y'all go get some rest, your parents must be worried."
"come on baby, finneas is outside" billie hooks my arm leading us outside, my friends trudging behind.
"how you're getting home?" i ask, giving dakota a hug.
"tyler" she answers.
"hey, i know ace and he's definitely a fighter. try not to worry as much" i smile, pulling skylar into a reassuring hug.
"thanks blair" she smiles.
"i'll catch y'all later, get home safe please" i plead, dapping up tyler when finneas pulls up. i open the door, letting billie get in, sliding in right after her. i rest my head on billie's shoulder, not in the mood to talk, feeling her hands run through my hair.
billie's pov:
"blair, we're home" i whisper, taping blair's thigh, her eyes slowly fluttering open. she lifts her head, rubbing her eyes.
"lets get you to bed, yeah?" i smile, blair giving me an adorable nod. we hop out the car, making our way inside.
"i'm exhausted, blair anything i can do?" finneas yawns, walking towards the fridge.
"thank you fin but i'm all set" she gives him a small smile, walking off to my room.
"we'll talk in the morning, goodnight" i follow after her, to find her already laying down. i rummage through my dresser changing into some comfortable clothes.
"bil...i don't think i can leave him. i knew him since we were in diapers, he's like my brother. i'm sorry" she pouts. i crawl into bed, propping my self on my elbow looking down into her brown orbs.
"hey no need for you to apologize, i totally understand. let's just sleep" i smile, stroking her cheek.
"thank you" she whispers, wrapping her arms around my waist, resting her head on my chest.
"there's nothing to thank me for" i kiss her forehead.
"for making me feel safe...goodnight" she mumbles.
"goodnight baby" i smile, her breaths evening out.
***
i think this is the first time i'm uploading during the day💀

 ***i think this is the first time i'm uploading during the day💀

i be forgetting about this bc i have a case. anyway, lmk what you think of this chapter, hope y'all enjoyed!
-bri🐢