The Swamp

Chapter 16

(Feel free time comment)

(A/n *** means dream/dream over)

Word count 4280 words

(Y/n) POV

I let out a power blast at my opponent making him stumble back a bit.

He smirked as he shot another streak at me which I easily dodged, before sending it back to him.

We continued our little sparing session, until I saw an opening. He stood on one foot making me chuckle shooting a streak his way making him shuffled back tripping over a tree root, falling backwards.

I quickly ran to him and gripped him by the collar of his red shirt, before I smirked dropping him.

"Looks like I win... again" I chuckled.

He smiled lifting his head up, "Are you kidding? The tree root did all the work"

I sighed grabbing his hand before yanking him to his feet. We began to walk out of the garden, but he froze as a girl past us.

I glanced at him as an intense blush grew on him like wildfire. I elbowed him and whispered, "Say something to her"

He walked about three steps before I watched his soul leave his body and he fell on his back. I sighed sitting next to him.

"You need to work on your talking" I told him as I dropped grass on his face.

He looked up at me, "It's not as easy as it looks"

I chuckled, "Uh. Yeah it is. You just talk to them. It's not that hard"

"Well it's easy for you to say! You're... you!" He sat up gesturing to me.

I shrugged, "Ok true. Besides... who'd want to date a Fire Nation peasant anyways" I winked at him.

He chuckled, "Oh I'm so sorry your majesty! Did my non existing title offend you?!" He fake gasped.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "It did. Be carful now peasant, you better ask her out before I do. And you know she won't say no to me"

"Oh yeah? You like her too?"

I shrugged, "Maybe" I lied.

He smirked, "Then maybe I will ask her out"

"You wouldn't dare"

He stood up, "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do, banish me?" He put his hands on his hips.

"Depends on my mood. Now ask her before I do" I crossed my arms.

Manipulation. Works every time.

"Thank-"

"Don't say it" I cut him off.

"Thank you-"

"I'll light you on fire"

"Thank you Prince-"

"Ruko I swear to the spirits"

"Thank you Prince Sozin!" He yelled before running away.

"You know you're only supposed to call me SOZIN!" I yelled back, "I told you not to call me by my title! We're friends! We're equals"

"That's why I do it! Because it bugs you!"

"I can still banish you!"

"I'd like to see you try, Prince Sozin"

"I'll get you one day Ruko!"

***

I gasped shooting up from my bed. What the hell was that?