The Old Masters

Chapter 46

(THANK YOU FOR THE ART KCwastaken )

Feel free time comment)

Word count 7735 words

(Y/n) POV

We all watched as June kicked a chair in the foreground and sat down and throwing back her tea.

"Hey, I remember her!" Sokka snapped his fingers, "She helped you attack us!"

Zuko smirked walking over towards her, "Yup. Back in the good old days"

"Wait what?" My brother and I asked as June noticed us and rolled her eyes.

"Oh great. It's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?" She asked continuing to down her tea, but I don't think it was tea.

Zuko rolled his eye, "He's my uncle. And he's not here"

Her eyes then trailed to me, "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend"

Zuko and I glared at her, "We're not dat- wait we're engaged...." we both exclaimed, "Sorry. Force of habit" we blushed at them.

"Sheesh. I was only teasing, but I'm sorry girl" June cringed at me.

"Why are you sorry?" I tilted my head.

"Because you seem to young to be settling," she exclaimed making Zuko sneer.

I held him back as she continued to talk. "So what do you want?"

"I need your help finding the Avatar" he told her.

June rolled her eyes taking another swing of her alcoholic drink, "Hm. Doesn't sound too fun"

Zuko was able to squirm out of my grip and yanked her drink away, "Does the end of the world sound like more fun?" He spat making her eyes widened.

———

We walked outside to see both June's pet and Appa and growling at each other. I cringed looking at the fight I was waiting to ensue but to my surprise Appa licked June's pet making them lay down.

We marched over towards them as June began to shake a large piece of meat, "Nyla," she fed her animal before walking over to pet her. "Who's my little, hmm, Snuffly-Wuffly?" She cooed before Nyla stuck out her toxic tongue just missing the bounty hunter, "Whoa! Careful there. Okay. So who's got something with the Avatar's scent on it?" She asked us.

Katara gasped running up to Appa and pulled out something, "I have Aang's staff" she handed it to June.

She walked up to  Nyla and they quickly sniffed it before walking around in circles, trying to sniff the scent out somewhere else. I then tilted my head as Nyla laid back down and covers their nose.

"Are they alright?" I asked her.

"Well, what does that mean?" Zuko asked.

June began to pet Nyla, "Means your friend's gone" she sighed.

Toph scoffed crossing her arms, "We know he's gone. That's why we're trying to find him"

"No," she turned to face us. "I mean he's gone gone. He doesn't exist"

My eyes widened, "Excuse me?" I growled.

Sokka stepped forward, "What do you mean Aang doesn't exist? Do you mean he's... you know, dead?" He bit his lip making me gasp.

"No-no-no! He can't be!" I proclaimed before looking to June, "Can he?"

She shook her head, "We could find him if he were dead. Wow, it's a real head-scratcher..." she took a moment before shrugging, "See ya"