The Bender (Y/n)

(Y/n) POV

I ran out of tears as the time passed on. I had no idea where I was, and honestly I didn't care. It was to dark to know anyways.

When I pictured my death, I didn't expect it to be so... blank. After I gave into that stupid lord I woke up here, in the darkness. Alone. But that I was used to.

Is this my eternity? To spend the rest of my existence here? Not strong enough to join the demons, and not enough of a soul to be with the Spirits? Just like back in the human world, I didn't belong anywhere.

Is this darkness the place where the lost are damned? Because as of right now my eternity is not as exciting as I thought It'd be.

I don't even know how long I've been here. For all I know I've been crying for millennials, as my entire families soul's moved on to eternal bliss.

I curled up into a tighter ball as I began to think back on my adventure. Some life I lived... I will say this though, the last year had been great.

Even though it ended with me giving up, I don't regret it. I fought until I couldn't anymore, and I'm not gonna change what I did. There's no reason to fight, if there's no one to fight for. Maybe that's why I lasted so long.

I just hope my Gran-Gran is okay. I just hope her and Pakku were able to move on and live the rest of their days in bliss. I just hope Ozai didn't get to them first. I just hope the souls of the many who died from the comet are okay. If they are okay, maybe I'll be okay with being alone for the rest of my existence. The lives of many are more important than the lives of few. My life was not important, and Sozin proved that.

"How can you think that about yourself (Y/n)?" an all to familiar voice asked me making me gasp.

I jolted up to a seated position and looked to see a bright blue light. I blink a couple times before my vision began to register on the woman. No. It can't be her... could it?

"G-Gran-Gran?" I asked as I was able to register her face better as she smirked at me. I gasped barreling towards her, "GRAN-GRAN!" I yelled running into her making us both fall to the ground.

I couldn't help myself as fresh tears overcame me, causing me to cry into her lap, "H-how? How are you here?" I clenched her coat as she placed her hand on my head and shushed me.

"The same way I always am" she explained making me look up at her, "What do yo-u mean?"

She placed her hands on my cheeks and began to wipe away my tears with her thumbs, "I always am in your head," she explained. "As long as you remember me, I am with you. I have been since you left"

I held her closer, "How are you speaking to me? I-I don't even know where I am"

She gave me a sad look, "You're in your own mind. Trapped," she sighed. "While Sozin roams free inside your body you stay here... for eternity"

I clenched my eyes shut and went back to hiding in her chest, "I'm so sorry Gran-Gran. I'm so sorry"

"Why are you sorry? You're not the one hurting people" she told me.

I shook my head, "It's still my fault. It's my body. It's mine, and he stole it," I dug deeper into her chest. "And now he's using it to hurt people. He's doing exactly what I don't want him to"

She sighed petting my hair, "And what do you want then?" She asked.

"What?" I asked looking up at her, "What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what I said. What do you want?" She asked again.

I turned away, "Gran-Gran you know what I want doesn't matter. It's not like it ever did. And it's not like it matters anymore. The people I cared about are-" I couldn't bring myself to finish that sentence.