Chapter 19

Sarah's POV
it's been a few weeks since me and Matt bumped into each other at the grocer store. We've texted a couple of times, but it's just not the same as when we were teenagers. I miss his cute good morning texts. I get up to check the mail and there's a letter for me in it. Finally! A letter for me. I rip open the paper and stare at the card. You are invited to Matt and Olivia's wedding. I stop reading and set the card down on the table.
Why did he have to move to L.A.? I shrug it off and realize that I should just be happy for Matt. He would probably be happy if I was marrying someone that wasn't him. Right? I continue reading and it says the wedding is in 3 weeks. That means I have to go buy a nice dress since I don't own one. I sigh and get changed and head to the mall. I walk into Macy's and head into the womens department. I look threw some of the racks, and I pick out a nice dress, it's red. Matt said I always looked hot in red. But that's not why I got it (just kidding it totally was.) I pay for it and them decide to get some lunch, since I don't have anything better to do. I order soup and a sandwich from panera and sit down with my food.
"Can I sit here?" Someone asks. I look up to see Hayes.
"Hayes!" I say. I stand up and hug him, he's probably so embarrassed. He hugs me back and then sits down with his food.
"How old are you now?" I laugh. He smiles and starts to eat his food.
"I'm 19." He says.
"Your too old." He playfully punches my shoulder.
"Where's Nash?"
"Him and Cam are looking around in Sears, trying to find a nice outfit for Matts wedding." I nod.
"That's why I came." His eyes go wide.
"I thought you were getting married!" Hayes says. I shake my head.
"Didn't you read the card? He's marrying some girl named Olivia."
"All Nash said was that he needed to pick out clothes for matts wedding. Nothing about an Olivia." We continue catching up and then I say goodbye to hayes. I drive home and then sit on the couch, scrolling through social media. I come across Matts twitter.
Mathew Espinosa: @mathew espinosa: I can't wait to marry the gorgeous @olivia baxter:)
I roll my eyes and turn off my phone. I lay on the couch and feel the need to cut again. Why not me? Why her? I thought we had something special. I just wish there was someone here to hold me. Like Matt. But he's not coming. My phone starts to ring and I look at the caller i.d. It's Kian.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey. You okay?"
"I'm fine."
"Okay good. You got the invitation too?"
"Yeah."
"I totally like you two together more. You guys were like my otp." I laugh.
"I gotta go."
"Bye Sarah."
"Bye Kian." I hang up then walk to the bathroom. One cut for Matt not marrying you, and one for going from a medium dress size to a large.