Chapter 13

Sarah's POV:
"So how about a party?" He asks.
"A party? Sure. Is Matt gonna be there?"
"Probably."
"Where is it?"
"At the o2l house. It's gonna be sick." I laugh because when he says sick he probably means that there's just going to be a lot of slutty girls there.
"Okay. Come pick me up at like 7:00?" He shakes his head.
"I'm not driving. You can drive." He grins. I pout.
"Oh I'm just kidding with ya. I'll pick you up at 7:00." He walks out the room a and leaves me sitting on my bed. I go though my suitcase and look for something to wear. I pull out a black bodycon dress and these small gold high heels. I lay out a gold necklace too. I Want to be all dolled up for this party.
It's now 6:00 and I decide to start getting ready. I curl my hair and put on the dress. I do my makeup which is foundation, a smokey eye, and bold red lips, and I finish it all off with mascara. I'm the kind of girl that loves makeup, but will only by the drug shore stuff. I don't see the point in MAC because you can get it cheaper at like Wallgreens.
I check the time and it's 7:50. I walk out of my room and everyone's staring at me. Did I look that good? Probably because it took like an hour to do all of this.
"Woah." Gabe says. I laugh and sit on the couch, waiting for Jacks car to beep. 5 minutes later Jacks car is outside waiting for me.
"Bye!" I say before walking out. I walk out to his car and Jack rolls down the window.
"You look hot, babe." He says and I laugh. We drive to the house and there are so many cars here. We walk in and everyone's dancing and grinding on each other. I stay close to Jack until I see Matt, talking to this girl. She has long blonde hair and is wearing a black dress with way to many cut outs in it. I walk over to him and he's shocked that I'm here.
"I I didn't know you were coming." He says. He puts his arm around me and we leave. He looks back and winks at the girl. What is going on? I pull out of Matts arm and stare at him.
"What are you doing?"
"What?"
"Why are you flirting with that girl?" I point to the blonde.
"I wasn't!"
"Then why did you wink at her?" He becomes silent. We stand in silence for a minute.
"Matt. Are you over me?" I ask him.
"I don't know anymore." He says.
"Why don't we take a break. Maybe we can't do this long distant relationship thing." He nods.
"I saw you with Jack anyways." He takes a sip of a drink and just blinks at me.
"Jack is just my friend. And he's dating Vanessa!" I tell him. He shakes his head.
"They broke up." I sigh.
"So this is it." I say.
"Mhm." He takes another sip of his drink. Why is he acting like this?
"Matt are you drunk?" I grab his arm and he pulls his arm out of my grip.
"No. Your such a slut." He pushes me back.
"Matt! What are you saying?" I start to cry.
"You heard me. Your a slut Sarah! Now go fuck Jack or something." He walks off, leaving me on the ground.
"Matt...." I get up and try to find Jack through all of these people. I walk through bunches of people and now I'm outside. I bump into someone and start to fall, but they catch me.
"I'm sorry." I say to him. He smiles and pulls me up.
"It's fine. I'm Kian. Who are you?" He asks me. I dust off my dress.
"I'm Sarah. Thanks for catching me." He laughs and sits down on the bench. I sit next to him.
"So who brought you here?" He asks me. I wipe the mascara dripping down my cheek off.
"Um Jack Gilinsky. I came here to see my boyfriend, Matt, but he uh. He kind of called me a slut. And he was flirting with other girls. We broke up." I cry. Kian holds me tight and rubs my back.
"I'm so sorry Sarah. Matt seems like the nicest guy." I nod.
"He usually is. Ever since he moved here he's been so mean."
"California changes people." He tells me. I stand up and thank Kian for helping me. I walk back into the house to go find Jack. I walk up the stairs and open a door, to find Jack on top of a girl. I gasp and close the door. Now I have no ride home, great. I call Gabe to come pick me up. He comes in like 10 minutes and we ride home.
I try to forget the night but I can't.
"I am not a slut." I keep telling myself.