Chapter 1

Sarah's POV:
I open the curtain and look out my window, just like I've been doing ever since Matt left. I'm hoping that one day he will drive his car up to my house, bring me a bouquet of flowers, and we'll get back together. So far, nothing has happened.
Matt and I haven't talked in 4 months. I thought we could have a long distance relationship, but I guess that's not happening. I close my curtain and walk downstairs.
"Hey mom." I say to her. She looks up from her work and gives me a small smile. I pour myself a cup of orange juice and walk back up to my room. I see my phone on my nightstand, and decide to just scroll through social media and all that. Something pops up on my screen.
It's Matt.
Matt: hey
Sarah: hi!
Matt: how are u
He's literally putting no focus or thought into these texts, which makes me sad.
Sarah: I'm good. How are you?
Matt: good. Do you want to skype later
Sarah: yes! I haven't seen you in forever!
Matt: okay. I'll cal you in a bit
Sarah: okay. I love you!
Matt: bye
The fact that he didn't say I love you back kills me.
Have we really lost interest in each other? I know I haven't lost interest in him, that's for sure. I wait about 40 minutes, and finally my laptop rings. I see Matts name pop up on my screen and accept.
"Hey." He says. He looks like he's in his dorm or something.
"Hi. Where are you?"
"In my dorm." I can hear people whispering in the background. Not just any people, but girls.
"Who are you with?" He seems annoyed with me.
"Just some of my friends." He says. Yep, he's annoyed.
"Oh okay. Are you going to visit for christmas break?"
"Probably."
"Come visit me. Okay?"
"Sure" he says, in the most unenthusiastic voice ever.
"Matt what's going on?" I ask him.
"Nothing."
"Well why aren't you happy to see me?"
"I gotta go. Bye." He says, and shuts off his laptop. What is up with him?
What happened to my boyfriend, Matt Espinosa?