Chapter 17

Sarah's POV
today, Matt and I are meeting at this cafe in town. I've only been there once, and that was when I was like 10. I walk into the little shop and it looks like it did 7 years ago. Cream walls, some fairy lights hear and there, and my favorite part, the whole barista counter thing.
It smelled like coffee beans inside, because people usually stopped in for breakfast. I sit at a table and scroll through my phone, to get updated with everything that has happened in like the last 20 minutes. I see that Matt posted a picture 5 minutes ago with some of his family. Where is he? I check the time and it's 12:00. He was suppose to be here 15 minutes ago. I wait 10 more Minutes and still, no Matt. Where is he?
A waitress comes up to my table and sets down her notepad on it.
"What would you like to drink?" She asks. I sigh and just fiddle with my fingers.
"I'm waiting for someone." She sighs and then grabs the notepad again. She walks away and heads back into the kitchen. I decide that I should just call Matt and ask him where he is. I dial his number and he doesn't answer. I call him again, and he picks up.
"Hey. Where are you?" I bite my lip.
"What do you mean?" I sigh.
"You forgot didn't you." I stand up from the table and start heading out.
"Shit. That was today."
"Mhmm." I step outside into the cold air and sit on the bench.
"I'm sorry Sarah, can I still make it?"
"I just left. We can do it another time."
"I'm leaving tomorrow." I sigh again.
"Okay. We'll, we can do it when you get back." He sighs now.
"Okay. I'll talk to you soon."
"Bye."
"Bye." I end the call and press my fingers onto my forehead. How do you forgot a plan you made 2 days ago and were constantly reminded about. A guy comes walking my way and he sits down next to me on the bench. He looks out to the road and points to the flower shop across the street.
"I tried to buy flowers for my mom, but they wanted $30 dollars for a bouquet of roses." I laugh.
"I'm Luke. And if you really want to get personal, Luke Korns." He smiles at me.
"I'm Sarah Erickson. Are you not from here? I've never seen you."
"Ya I'm from here. I'm visiting for the holiday break."
"Oh. So where do you live?"
"I live in L.A. You?"
"I'm still stuck here." I laugh.
"Give me your phone." He says. I look at him confused.
"You talk to me for 2 minutes and act like you wanna be friends and then try to steal my ph-"
"I want to add my number in."
"Oh." I hand him my phone and he types in his number. He hands it back and we both stand up. He's really short. He looks like he's 5'5 maybe.
"I'll talk to. you later." He says.
"Okay. Bye." I walk off to my car and drive home.
How can you forget something like that?!

Of you know who Luke Korns is you are gr8