Chapter 18

-skip to 5 years later-
Sarah's POV
I wake up in bed and walk to the kitchen for breakfast. I grab a bowl of cereal and sit down at the table to eat.
"Hey." My roommate Emma says to me. I give her a wave and she starts to make herself breakfast. She opens the fridge then groans, and walks over to the couch.
"What's wrong?" I ask her.
"We have no food in the house." She turns on the tv and starts watching the food network.
"Watching shows about how to make food isn't gonna help." I stand up and put my bowl in the sink.
"I'll go out and get some food." I walk back into my room and search for some clothes. I just pick out sweatpants and a shirt, because who's going to be grocery shopping at 9:00 in the morning? I head to my car and drive to the store. I grab a cart and go down each isle, looking for food for Emma. I see some bread and try to grab some, but it ends up falling onto me. I laugh at myself and start to pick up the bread, but someone's hand touches mine. They pick up the bread and hand it to me. I stand up and dust off my hands a little.
"Thank you fo-" I look up yo see someone very familiar. A face I thought I would never see again. Matthew Espinosa.
"Matt?" I ask him he looks at me and smiles.
"Long time no see." He smirks.
"How are you?" I ask him. When Matt went back to L.A. I guess he hot a new phone, and we lost contact. I haven't talked to him in 5 years.
"I'm good. How are you." I nod and grip the handle on my cart.
"I'm fine." I look at his hand and notice a ring on his finger. And this isn't just an accessory kind of ring. It's more like a......ENGAGEMENT RING?
"Um, are you engaged?" I ask him. He smiles and nods.
"Yeah! I proposed about 6 months ago." My heart cracks, probably so loud Matt could hear it. Okay not really but the news hurt.
"Oh um I'm so happy for you." I try to say with out sounding like I'm sad.
"Thanks. Do you want my number?" I nod and hand him my phone. He hands me his and we exchange numbers. He smiles and stares at the little emojis I put next to my name.
"I don't know if she's gonna like this." He smiles.
"Who? Your girlfriend? Sorry." He shakes his head and looks at me.
"If she doesn't want me texting other girls than she can find another guy." He smiles and I chuckle.
"Okay. I'll see you later?" I tell him. He nods.
"Bye." He says. He walks off like nothing ever happened.
Like I had talked to him everyday.
"But you told me you loved me and only me. And you had our future all planned out. What happened?" I quietly whisper to myself. I sigh and continue shopping until I'm done. I pay for the things and leave, just think that this was just another day.
Except it wasn't.
Today I finally got in touch with Matt Espinosa.
Again.