Chapter 8

Sarah's POV:
I meet Matt at the Cheesecake Factory, and my stomach starts growling. I'm so hungry! I walk inside and see Matt sitting at a booth. He's wearing a plaid shirt and it's rolled up to his elbows. He looks really nice.
"Hey!" He smirks and stands up to hug me. I kiss his cheek and then sit across from him.
"So tell me about college!" I ask him, all exited to hear about California college life.
"It's kind of hard. I've been in 2 plays so far, and I've gotten a decent part." He smiles. He looks at the menu and so do I. I'm trying to eat less, so I choose the smallest salad they have.
"That's it? You usually order a burger or something." He hands the waiter the menu and he walks off. I felt like a fatso from Matts comment.
"I'm not that hungry. Really." I take a sip of water and we have a nice conversation about college and stuff. Then finally, he asks me about my college life. I've been meaning to tell him about it.
"We'll I decided on online college. It gives me more time to find a job and maybe a place soon." He nods.
"Yeah." He says. Our food comes out and Matt gets handed his meal. A turkey, avocado and bacon sandwich, with French fries. It looks so good. Mine comes out and looks like one little piece of lettuce with some tomato and onion. I eat the whole thing in at least 5 minutes, and I'm still hungry.
"How was it?" Matt asks me, taking another bight of his sandwich.
"Good." I lie. Matt finishes his meal and we hand the waiter our plates.
"Any dessert?" The waiter asks us. Matt looks at me and wiggles his eye brow, and I can't help but laugh at him.
"Yes. We would love dessert." He says. The waiter soon come a out with a menu and everything looks really good. But everything has so many calories!
"I'm getting Oreo cheesecake!" He says proudly. I laugh. I scan over the menu again.
"I'm just going to get coffee." I close the menu and hand it to Matt.
"Why aren't you eating anything? Is something wrong?" He asks me. I shake my head.
"I'm fine. I'm just not hungry." The waiter brings out our dessert, and once again, Matts food looks so good. I drink my coffee and watch him eat.
If I wanna be thin, I can't be having Oreo cheesecake.
Now I have to check every other delicious food off the list.