Chapter 16

Sarah's POV:
Today is Christmas Eve, which makes me super happy because this year all of my family is coming to our our house! That means Gabe and Nick and my Aunt. Our family was small, just them. They're dad died in a car accident when we were like 6, so Gabe and Nick are the only boys. My dad is just never around be sure of work, so we font really have dads.We lost connection with my dad's side and so did Gabe send Nick.
Gabe and Nick walk through the door holding boxes of presents and bags. They're wearing ugly christmas sweaters and jeans, and it's super cute actually.
"Hey!" I say to both of them. I kiss Gabe on the cheek and he blushes. His cheeks turn bright red and Nick just laughs. Since the last time they were at our house they were like 2, I lead them into the family room and they set down the gifts. Gabe and Nick sit on the couch and I sit in the chair across from them. My phone dings and I get a text.
Matt: merry christmas gorgeous. I'll come by later
Sarah: you too. I'll make sure to put a plate out for you:)
Matt: ha ha okay
"Who ya texting?" Nick asks. I quickly shut off my phone and look up to see Gabe not sitting on the couch, but Nick sitting there smirking.
"Oh be quiet!"
"You have a boyfriend again? Is it Matt?"
"I'm actually not sure if are dating. But he's coming over tonight."
"Yes! I finally get to meet this Matt guy." I laugh and get up yo set the table for dinner. I make sure to put an extra chair at the table, plate, napkin, and all that stuff for Matt. About an hour later, the door bell rings. I run to get the food and see Matt wearing a sweater and jeans. Did I not get the memo of the whole wearing a sweater thing?
"Hey." He smirks, leaning on the door. I roll my eyes and grab his wrist.
"Ouch!" He says, rubbing his wrist.
"Sorry! I forgot I'm so sorry!" I take his wrist and rub it. Believe me I know it hurts.
"It's fine babe." I smile and take his hand, leading him into the family room.
"Gabe, Nick, Aunt. Nina, this is Matt. My boyfriend." I just say he's my boyfriend so they don't have to keep saying: "are you two a thing?"
"Hi." Matt waves. I bring Matt into the kitchen and I start stirring the soup in the pot.
"Matt can you please mash the potatoes for me?" I ask him, sprinkling garlic on the soup.
"So when I left, you were normal. But now your a chef? Sarah why didn't you tell me!" He jokes.
"Ha ha. I'll make you a sandwich later. Now mash the potatoes."
"I have a suggestion." Matt goes through the fridge abc funds a box of microwaveable mashed potatoes.
"Ba bam. Dinner is served." I laugh at him and start mashing the potatoes, while Matt sits in the bar stool.
"Is it almost ready?" He whines. I nod and finish placing everything on the table. Soon, the table is full either food and people. Everyone tells me that everything's really good, and it makes me feel nice. When everyone left to open presents, Matt helped me clean up.
"You know I got you a gift "
"You did? I I didn't know-"
"Sarah it's fine. You didn't know we were dating. I'm confirming right now that we are by the way. I can't wait for you to open it." He smiles and then pulls me into the family room. He sits on the floor and I sit next to him. Nick and Gabe hand me my gift and they both got me a $50 gift card to Victorias secrete because they said that Matt would love to he shopping with me. I laugh and then open my aunts gift, which is a book and 2 shirts. It's nice. But now for Matts gift. He hands me the box and grins.
"Matt I swear if you got me-"
"Just open it gorgeous." He tells me. My mom and aunt aw and I wrap open the paper.
"Matt! I love it!" I stare at the picture frame with the first picture we ever took together in it.
"Pretty cool right?" He smiles. I hug him and kiss his cheek.
"Thank you. I would rather have thus than a pandora bracelet or a Chanel perfume." He laughs and rubs my back.
"I know. That's why I got it for you." He gushes.