Chapter 5

Sarah's POV:
We all decided to go out to dinner tonight instead of letting my Aunt cook. Gabe showed me to my room and put my suitcase on the bed.
"Thanks." I tell him, while I close the door. I put on denim shorts and an off the shoulder shirt. I just put on some random flats that I got from payless and I go out into the living room.
"Ready to go Sarah?" My mom says. I nod, and we all get into the car. We get to this nice restaurant called California Pizza Kitchen, which I have been to before. They have these at the big malls in Virginia. We sit down in a booth, and I sit next to Nick.
"So has Hayes followed you yet?" I ask him, looking down at his phone.
"Yep." He says.
"All the girls are commenting OMG HAYES FOLLOWED. It's super annoying."
I laugh at him, because I didn't think Hayes was such a big deal. We order some pizza and catch up and all that, and we decide to just walk around.
We walk past all these different stores, that look really cool. We walk on this sidewalk that over looks the ocean and it's so pretty. Up ahead I see a camera man taking pictures of people. I see some kid about my age wearing a bowl hat. Who would be so stupid to-
I freeze in the middle of the sidewalk.
"What's wrong Sarah?" Nick asks me.
"My old boyfriend. He's over there."
"Let's talk to him!" He says, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards Matt.
"No! Nick please!" I beg him. Everyone thinks it's a joke because Nick is laughing, but this is no joke. Matt makes eye contact towards us and he just stares at us. We finally reach him and were just staring at each other.
"You used to date her?" Nick asks. I roll my eyes and Matt smirks.
"Yep. Love of my life." Nick does kissy faces at me and Matt and Gabe pushes me towards him, making me give him a hug. I stumble back a bit, almost about to fall, until Matt grabs my arm pulling me back up.
"Thanks." I say, brushing my shoulder. By now my family has left me with who they think is my boyfriend.
"Sarah I'm sorry." He says to me, sitting on the bench.
"About what? That Skype call and the thoughtless messages?" I sit down next to him.
"Yeah. I'm sorry Sarah. I love you so much and I wouldn't want anything to happen to you." He tells me. He sounds sincere.
"Matt why did you do that in the first place?" I ask him, placing my hand on his shoulder.
"I don't know. I'm stupid." I laugh.
"Just a little bit." I tell him, kissing his cheek. He smiles and then stands up, which means I stand up, too. He grabs my hands and then says.
"Sarah, why are you in California?" He chuckles.
"I'm visiting my cousins for Thanksgiving. Now go back to your photo shoot. I'll call you." I start to walk off, but he grabs my arm and spins me around, placing his lips on mine.
"A goodbye for now kiss." He smiles. I shake my head because he's just so cheesy.
"Bye." I walk off to find some cellphone service, and call Gabe.
"Hey. Can you pick me up where you ditched me?" I laugh.
"Sure." They come pick me up and we go back to there house.
Tonight was great.