Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen
Third Person's POV

Jk Rowling owns the characters.

•~•

The Manor was inevitably cold and quiet. The dimly lit corriders smelt damp and uhhomely.

In his room, Draco Malfoy sat in an classic wodden table, scribbling in the parchment as a brown owl sat near him, seemingly waiting for the letter to be finished.

Draco's eyebrows furrowed as he pondered over the letter for the umpteenth time.
He'd been trying to write a reply to the letter that arrived this morning.
Hermione Granger had sent him a long letter asking for some books on healing, that he had told her, he owned on the ancient library of his manor.

He decided he'd write a reply letter but was unsure if it had become too formal or too frank.
He finally put his quill down as he went through the letter, one last time.

Granger,
              Here are the books you asked me to owl you. I couldn't find the third book in your list, I am sure that I saw it somedays before, but I couldn't get my hands on it yesterday. So I'll owl it later, if I happen to find it. I also sent you some books, that I found,in case, they will be some kindda refrence for the exam, I dont know.

And no, I haven't finished reading "Basic Healing". Well, I did reach halfway through the book.
And okay, I'll seek your help, "setting-aside-my-ego" as you said, if I have any problem.

Thank you for your "generos" offer.

Untill next time.

               -D.M

He watched as the owl took flight, and soon dissapeared out of sight.

He could say that they were having progress in short span of time.

It had been 2 days since he apologized to her and since then, they were exchanging owls.
They met few times and actually managed to have a conversation without awkwardness filling the room.
Talking to her was fun, she wasn't the kind of girl, who irritated the hell out of him. They could talk for hours and he would not get bored or tired of their conversation.

But today her letter was slightly .....different.

He didnt know what had happened but he strongly suspected that was because of the fast-approaching wedding.

He himself  was surprised by how fast the time passed. There were merely three days left for the wedding and he himself was feeling anxious.

The idea of having a family, kindda scared him. He didnt know if he would be a good husband or a good.....father.

Oh salazar, he was thinking too far.

He groaned as a slight headche began to form.

He walked to the small balcony, running his hands through his hair. The cold night air hit his face and he closed his eyes shivering slightly.

His thoughts drifted to their date night. He enjoyed it. They actually talked, it had been the first time they had a proper conversation, and he had lost track of time.

He felt almost disappointed that the night had ended so quick.

He was having fun. It was interesting to know things about her.

They talked about their likes and dislikes. She loved reading historical books, her favorite book was "pride and Prejudice" by a muggle  called Jane Austen.
She also talked about their experience when they were on-the-run.
She told him how Weasley ditched them, he didn't expect any more from that guy. He always thought weasley was bit of an idiot. Yes, he was rational towards their betrothdral but he was not exactly friendly  towards him, not that he expected him to be.

He scoffed at the thought of him and Weasley ever being friends.

He managed to have a neutral conversation with Potter but conversing with Weasley, he was sure he would roll his eyes, at least twice in a minute.

She talked about how Voldemort's Snake nearly got them, in Godric's Hollow. He'd cringed at that. These sodding Gryffindors were always on a suicide mission.
How they broke into the ministry and freed the dragon on the way if their escaping.

And of course, they argued, but their bickering was playful, nothing serious.
And truth to be told, he actually enjoyed riling her up. He loved the way her nostrils slightly flared and her eyes burned.

She looked adorable when she was embarassed, with flushed cheeks and widened eyes.

A smile formed in his lips.

Merlin! He was thinking about her almost everytime, and smiling like a teenage girl.

Every once in a while his mind drifted to her. The way her eyes lit up, when she was happy, the way her brows furrowed whenever she was tryin to concentrate on something, the way....
There was he again.

Oh Salazar, this witch was driving him crazy, and he was slightly liking it.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Author's Note- What are your thoughts about this chapter? Was it boring?

Wedding is coming up in the next chapter. If that makes you excited😉

PLEASE, comment what you think.

Untill Next Update,

Bye.

Vote and Comment.

-Ñ❤