Chapter four

[Chapter Four] (edited)

I donot own the wizarding world.

She was in dark. Inky, haunting dark. 

Her back ached against the cold floor she was lying in. Her body was exhausted , cold, numb.

She tried to swallow. She couldn't .

She tried to blink. She couldn't .

She tried to breathe. She couldn't . 

Hermione couldn't move. She was in pain. Intense, searing pain ran through her veins everytime she tried to move. It felt like she was burning. Burning in raging flames. 

A small gasp managed to escape her mouth as a figure approached her, slowly, deliberately, like a predator approaching its prey. 

The menacing face of Bellatrix Lestrange looked down upon her, with a sinister smile on her face. 

"Aww" she spoke, in a high pitched, cold voice.

"Look at the little mudblood. So helpless." 

Hermione grit her teeth as Bellatrix pointed her wand at her neck, digging it into her skin.

Hermione closed her eyes, then opened them, looking straight into the eyes of the sinister woman. 

As she did, Bellatrix's face morphed into that of anger. 

"YOU DARE TO LOOK ME IN MY EYE, YOU PATHETIC LITTLE MUDBLOOD!! CRUCIO!!" 

Hermione screamed, her throat burned, pained, she struggled against the unforgivable, her body writhing, her nails digging into her palms so hard that she was sure there would be bruises. 

Suddenly the scenario changed. She was standing in the middle of the Great Hall.

Curses and hexes flying everywhere, dead bodies lying like sand on the beach, the eerie atmosphere of war suffocating her.

She stood still, unable to move, as she saw Remus Lupin fall, screaming. She had never seen him scream like that.

Then she saw Tonks, running towards Lupin, falling down on her knees sobbing over his lifeless body.

Hermione couldn't do anything as an unknown curse hit Tonks, square in her chest, watched as she fell beside her lover. 

Hermione watched as people died, there, in front of her eyes.

Colin Creevey, tortured and killed.

Lavender Brown, in the arms of Fenrir Grayback.

Fred Weasley, beneath the fallen wall, ghost of a laugh on his face, that would haunt her forever. 

A gut-wrenching scream echoed through the air, Hermione realised she was the one who screamed. 

Suddenly she was numb. Numb.

It felt like someone was shaking her, furiously, desperately . 

"Granger, HERMIONE!!! Wake up, please, wake up..Please" 

She didn't recognize the voice, it sounded familiar but she didn't know.

She couldn't feel anything.

Her head hurt.

Her whole body hurt. 

She realised she was shaking, shivering.

She couldn't stop. 

She felt a strong pair of arms pulling her into them, she sunk further into the person.