Chapter Nine

JK Rowling owns everything. I own my plots.

Chapter nine(Reactions)
Third person's POV
~•~

The blonde went forward and swooped Hermione into his arms.
Slowly he marched up to her room with others following behind.

He knew she would be upset about the whole betrothal but he didnt expect her to faint.
Was he that bad?

He laid her in the bed discreetly as if she was made up of porcelain.
Having done that, he excused himself out from the room and made his way to the backyard.

He got himself seated beneath a tree with his head in his hands.
This whole thing was complicated.

He had hoped that after Voldemort was killed everthing would be normal. He knew people would not accept him back wholeheartedly considering his deeds.
But he knew he didn't have to live under fear of a crazy maniac who could kill him any second.

And Now, another thing popped up. He had to marry Hermione Granger who had fought different sides in the war.
She was a war herione while he was a death eater.

What did he even expect? That she would jump into his arms with a happy face?

Why was he even thinking about her?

He pulled his hair in frustration.

"Malfoy."
Harry potter was standing behind him with a mixture of emotions in his face.

"I..I was just.."

"Its okay Malfoy. I ...I understand."

Draco let out a sigh as he stared at the ground. The raven haired Gryffindor sat "not-so-far" from him.

"You knew, she wouldnt take this positively ."

"I know. I didnt expect her to. Its hard. She has to marry a death eater. I understand."

Harry let out a sigh as he spoke.

"You were a death eater Malfoy. Shes over that, you know it."

"You care about her a lot dont you Malfoy? You dont need to hide anything you know."

Draco remained silent. How could he answer a question he himself didnt have a sure answer to?

Did he care about her? Deep down he knew he did. But he didn' t want to admit it, not yet.

"Hermione is a strong girl. She is just shocked that she'll have to indulge in something as important as marriage. She had a lot of plans ahead. She had her carrer planned. And suddenly all this happening, Shes afraid, that all her dreams will be shattered. Yes, I know, she doesnt have feelings for you. You two are barely acquaintances. But just be patient. You two will be fine."

Draco pondered over his words. He was kindda right. He has seen her work so hard for her N.E.W.T.S. After all this war and stuff, she'd want to concentrate on her life and aims.She would not want to involve in something that would probably distract her from her dreams.

He sighed for what felt  like umpteenth time. This time he felt a little better.
He gave a light nod to Harry who smiled a little.

He knew this guy would take care of his sister. He had sensed how much the Slytherin changed since the war. She needed to sense this change. She just needed to trust him a little.

"Um..Harry, 'mione is up." Ginny said eyeing the two boys with a slightly surprised expression.

She never expected the two to act as friends. But she was proved wrong in her last year at Hogwarts.