Funeral

Today was the day I was to say goodbye to my mum. There wasn't many people going to show up, only me, Tris, James, Connor, Brad, Aimee and Jess. I was still staying in my house but my mums work wanted it in a couple of days time so I'll be staying at Tris's house with the others. So me and Tris are boyfriend and girlfriend which I had never expected but he's great! He has helped me plan the whole funeral and comfort me through this time, I'm so grateful that I have him.

It was time to go to the funeral, the day I'd been dreading had come. As there was only 7 of us we all went in the black hearse. I walked out the door and looked at the hearse and stopped. I felt a hand come around my waist. " You okay?" Tris asked still holding on to me, pulling me closer to him. "Yeh, I just want to get it over and done with" I sighed. The journey to the church was silent, I think they were scared to say anything incase they upset me. We went into the church and took our seats. I felt bad that it was only the 7 of us at the funeral and I felt that nobody else cared that she was gone. "Are we ready to begin?" the priest asked.
"Yes." The priest then said I few prayers and the boys came in carrying the coffin. Tris sat down beside me holding my hand tight. The priest then asked me if I wanted to say a few words. Tris sent me a reassuring smile. I stood up and walked up to the coffin trying to hold in the tears. "I don't really know what to say, she was my mum and I loved her to pieces, she helped me through the hard times and we'd just started a new life, I love you mum" I said before bursting into tears. No 17 year old should have to berry a parent. Tris came and got me and pulled me into a hug kissing my forehead. "You did great, I'm so proud of you" he said to me. We headed outside to the grave where the coffin was lowered, the whole time Tris had his arm around me. I wanted some time alone so the others waited in the car. "Why did you have to leave me, mum?" I sighed.
I placed some flowers down. "I love you mum" I cried walking away.

When we got home Tris stayed with me at my house, we put a movie on and wore our onesies. "Thank you for today, I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there" I said to him.
"No problem, just remember I'm here for you, whatever you need" he replied pulling me in closer to him.

The next day the boys had to go to an interview and the girls went away to see their families, so I was left on my own in my house. I decided to go through my mums stuff to see if I can see anything to lead me to my dad. I went through drawers, cupboards boxes but then I found something...

I'm back, school wasn't too bad this week for a change! Anyway will Katie find her dad? I think Tris and Katie are really cute! GO KRIS!!

Eden xx