This is me

My name is Katie Dawson, I'm 17 and I currently live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have long, curly, brown hair and I'm quite skinny. Also I have green eyes and my mum says I have baby smooth skin! I live in a 1 bedroom flat with my mum. Our flat is right in the middle of the city, so we can hear everything! I have to share a bedroom with my mum as our flat only has 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom and 1 living room. I don't mind sharing a room with my mum as we are very close as it's just the 2 of us. My dad left when I was 3, I'm not to sure why but my mum never talks about him, so I don't ask. My mum works with some business (which I've forgotten the name of) but let's just say that she's more like the servant for the company and earns pennies. My mum does struggle with money but we do manage but we don't get any games, TV, sweets, or mobiles. I don't mind as long as we have food and a roof over our heads.
I hate school. I have no friends, not even one. I'm 17 and the only friend I have is my mum. People at school don't like me, they think I'm strange and weak. I've been bullied all the way through school and not one person has stood up for me. It got so bad that I started harming myself and thinking there was no point of living. The teachers dislike me because I never speak up or do my homework because I'm to busy helping out my mum at home. The thing I've always wanted was a boyfriend. Someone that can stick up for me, someone who understands me, someone who protects me, someone who loves me for who I am....
Things have been really tough lately, especially for me as I have done my exams and left school. I did okay at my exams, I got mostly B's which I guess is okay. It's hard for me leaving school as now I don't know what to do with myself, I have no money to go places. I've tried to get a job but no one would hire me for some reason. I was really trying to get a job so I could help support us and earn more money to pay the bills. We really just needed a miracle.
One day I was doing the usual day to day stuff, cleaning, washing, tidying, when my mum burst through the front door screaming. At first I thought she was hurt but then I noticed that she was laughing at the same time. I've never saw her this happy since dad left. "What's happened?" I asked.
"Only the best news in the world, I got a promotion and we're moving to London!" She practically screamed at me. "Why London?" I asked
"Because my job down there, silly!"
"What's your promotion?" I asked with a little squeak of joy.
"BOSS!!!!" She screamed. I think I almost fainted because I knew that the boss earned a lot of money. "There's even better news, everything is paid for including the house and it has 2 bedrooms!" She said out of breath.
"We leave tomorrow" she said. I knew that life was going to get better. I wasted no time to get packing, even though there wasn't much stuff to pack. Tomorrow was a new beginning.

I'm only 13 so I'm not very good at writing but I hope you enjoyed the intro. Lots of drama will happen in this story! So please keep reading.

Eden xx