T W E N T Y F O U R

After getting Sam's wings it's our job to get Sitwell and then take him to Steve and Nat. Sam was doing all the work I was just gonna drive the car.

• • •

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!" Jasper says talking now that Natasha has kicked him off the roof. "What targets?" Steve asks, "You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future." My brows furrow, "The Future? How could it know?" I ask making Sitwell laugh.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." Steve and Natasha look at him in confusion, "Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." My eyes widen as I listen to his words, that was crazy. "And what then?" Steve asks, "Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me." Jasper worries making me take a step forward and grab him by the collar. "I will kill you, he asked what then?" I hiss making his eyes widen as he gulps

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

• • •

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." I roll my eyes having to sit beside him, "So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam says from the drivers seat. "Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha says to Steve as they plan, "I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly."

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." I turn to him and push his head into the window, "shut up." I say fed up with him. Suddenly theres a thump and the top of the car dents slightly.

The winter soldier pulls Sitwell out through the window and throws him into the oncoming traffic, killing him, he then starts shooting at us until Steve pulls the break handle making the Winter Soldier drop down onto the street, he lands quite gracefully actually, using his metal arm to help him.

As another car smashes into our car and pushes us along, the Winter Soldier jumps back onto the car, smashes through the windscreen and pulls out the steering wheel, "Rosalie." Steve says asking me to use my powers, "Sorry I'm trying." I say before I create an ice bubble around our car which slows us and stops the car gently.

"Get out of the car it won't hold." I tell them as I spot the winter soldier with a very big gun. I climb out of the broken window, right before he shoots. The ice shatters and the car flips, I notice that the other three are still in the car.  Steve gets all three of them out on one of the doors and I try and slow them as they tumble.

Steve is then shot with the grenade launcher and flung of the bridge, but before I can even move we're suddenly getting shot at. Quickly pulling up a shield for all three of us, run to duck behind a car before letting mine drop so I could focus on the other two.

I make Natasha's thicker as she runs and jumps down from the bridge. The soldier follows her and so do some of the agents. I jump off the bridge making my icy path to help me land, and then I form the sharpest icicles you could imagine in my hands before throwing them at the agents who were trying to shoot at Steve, killing them quickly.

I notice Natasha having some trouble with the soldier and so I run and tackle him just as he was about to shoot her. Since he's on the ground I quickly climb on top of him and place my hands on his head. Usually I freeze people but I was gonna try something different, I focus on all the water in him, in his organs in his skin there was even water in our bones. I begin to heat it, I feel him begin to tremble beneath me as it gets uncomfortable, he tries to get me off but I hold on tighter and increase the temperature, until he screams out in pain.

I stop just for a second, his voice it sounded so familiar, in my moment of distraction he uses his metal arm to punch me, really hard, I go flying and land on the ground a small distance away. I groan as I try to move, my ribs were definitely broken.

My eyes widen as I realise that he was stalking towards me, I push myself up into a sitting position through the blinding pain. Thankfully Steve jumps in and attacks him, they fight but I don't pay attention to that, I try and focus on helping myself, I spot a water bottle in a turned over car nearby so I crawl over.

I quickly drink before getting to my feet ready to help, when Steve flips the soldier and his mask falls of, he stands up and turns making me drop the bottle in my hands, "Bucky?" Steve asks in shock, Bucky stares at him for a second, as I run forwards, "Bucky?" I echo my voice light with hope, he glances between us and I feel my hope fade. His eyes were cold, they held no emotion for us, he didn't care about us anymore.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" He asks before holding his gun up at us. As Bucky goes to shoot I don't even move I'm frozen in pain or shock? I don't know it's a mixture. Sam flies in and kicks Bucky aside, Bucky takes aim again but before he can shoot Natasha uses the grenade launcher Bucky dropped earlier to shoot at Bucky who vanishes in the smoke of the explosion.

I just drop to the ground my legs not able to support me anymore, he didn't know who he was, he didn't remember himself never mind us. I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't even notice the Hydra agents until they grab me and escort us into the truck. 

I can't believe this was happening again, I got my hopes up only to lose him again. But my Bucky had to be in there somewhere right? He couldn't just be gone for good.