SEVENTY FOUR

I get to the detention centre where the orphaned internationally displaced children were being held at

I'm not allowed in to see them which is beyond frustrating, "hi there miss burns? I'm Maia Bennett and I'm a human rights lawyer." A lady says walking up to me and introducing herself, "hi I'm Rosalie or Rosie." I say shaking the hand she has out for me, "it's to my understanding that you also want to help the displaced children." I nod, "then I believe that we can help each other out." She says making me smile.

"You think you know a way that we can get them out of here?" I ask making her nod, "I have an idea."

"But there's someone you want to see?" She asks making me nod, "can you arrange that?" I ask making her nod with a smile.

"Miss Rosie!" Noah runs into my arms making me smile, "you came!" He says holding me tight. "Of course I did, I told you that I would." I say, "it's so scary here but I'm trying to be brave like you told me to be."  He says refusing to let me go. "It's ok Noah I promised to help and so you just need to hold on a little bit longer." I say making him nod.

***

After the short visit and a reluctant goodbye from Noah, Maia and I end up back at my hotel room where we go over tons and tons of plans and ideas, we think of every little thing that could possible work.

***

I wake up with a start my head pounding and pain all over my body. I look around to see the house in ruins the walls and the ceiling have collapsed and there's fire everywhere and there's no way out. All possible exits are blocked, I was trapped in here. I push myself up onto my elbows groaning in pain at the movement. "Mamma! Mamma!" My eyes widen as I hear Dean's voice and so I force myself to move, crawling in the direction of his voice.

"Dean! Dean where are you?!" I find him trapped under some debris, "mamma it hurts." He cries making me nod my own eyes tearing up, "it's gonna be ok baby, I'm gonna get you out ok?" I assure him trying to keep myself calm as to not worry him even further. I push myself up and try with whatever strength that I had to lift the ruins off of him.

He manages to crawl out and I drop the debris in exhaustion each of my limbs screaming out in agony. I drop to the floor my legs unable to support my weight any longer. "Mamma! Are you ok?" He asks worried coming over to me. "I'm ok, I'm fine." I say pulling him into my lap and holding him close. "You're bleeding."he says his small hand reaching up for my face, "don't worry about me, I promise that I'm ok and that we're both gonna be ok." I say making him nod. "We just have to wait for daddy to find us." He says making me nod.

"Yeah, we just have to wait for daddy to find us." I say forcing a smile, "but until then we have to stay still and we have to stay on the ground." I say as the smoke begins to enter my system and makes me cough. We lay as low in the ground as we can and I use my body to shield his, "will daddy find us soon?" Dean asks making my heart churn, I really hoped Bucky would find us soon.

"He will, of course he will don't worry dean, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Mamma's gonna protect you." I say as he holds me tighter. "I know you will mamma but who's going to protect you?"

"Hey don't worry about me, I can protect the both of us."

"I know mamma you're a superhero and you can protect us from anything." He says making me hold him closer, "oh my brave boy I love you so much."

***

"Dean?" I squint as I open my eyes to a bright white light that makes them sting. "Dean?" I open my eyes once more to see that I'm in a hospital room, I'm laying in a bed with wires hooked up to me and an oxygen mask on. Bucky's at the door talking on the phone with someone he looks devastated, I can see the worry all over his face.

"Rose, Rose hey you're awake." He smiles rushing over to my side as I pull the mask off, "Bucky? What happened?" I ask not missing the look that flashes across his face. "How are you feeling?" He asks making my brows furrow at the dismissal of my question, his eyes were red and I could see the tear stains on his tired face. I could see through the fake smile and whatever he was trying to do not to worry me. All of his emotions were clear in his eyes.

Then it all suddenly hits me, the accident at the house, the fire and..."Dean, where's Dean?" He doesn't reply a moment making my heart drop to my stomach, "no. No you- no Bucky no." His face drops and he reaches for me, "Rosalie..." I pull away from him as I cry, "no I had him, I had him. I was supposed to protect him. He was supposed to be ok."

"Where is he? I want to see him." Bucky just looks at me, "where is he Bucky?" I reach for the tubes in my arm making Bucky move forwards to stop me. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Either his body was...too badly injured or they couldn't find it, but...there is no body." He says making everything in me just break. "Rosalie?" He questions once I go frozen and silent. "Rosalie?" He grabs my face gently, worry drowning his words. "This is all my fault." I whisper making him shake his head. He says something to me but I can't hear it, his words are downed out to me as though my head was submerged under water.

***

"Are you ok?" I jump as Maia looks over me in concern. "I'm fine," I say shaking the feelings from the nightmare off, I saw those memories every night but it never got any easier.

I look around the mess of the hotel room seeing all the papers from all of our research and planning. "When did I fall asleep?"

"I don't really know because I feel asleep too." She says sheepishly, "that's fine, we did work pretty hard and I think that we have a pretty solid plan." She says something but my attention turns to the tv behind her that was broadcasting the news.

"We have breaking news. There's a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting in Lower Manhattan where authorities are saying they're tracking multiple threats from groups seeking to stop the GRC's vote on global resettlement. There is a no-fly zone in effect..."

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry Maia but I've got to go, um I'll be back in a few days so we can continue." I say after seeing that I needed to go back and help Sam and Bucky like I promised I would. "Oh yeah no worries, I get it you've gotta save the world and what not. I will keep working on this until you get back."

"Thank you."

𝑆𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑑 𝑖 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒. 𝐴𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑤𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 :(