SEVENTY FIVE

"Sorry that I'm late boys but better late than never right?" I ask as I join Sam and Bucky who were with John for some reason

"Sorry that I'm late boys but better late than never right?" I ask as I join Sam and Bucky who were with John for some reason. "Ooh the new suit is looking good on you cap." I wink at Sam making him smile, "I appreciate the compliments but we've got to go." Sam says as I briefly greet Bucky and let him know I was ok.

"Looks like they split up. Here." Sam says as we run after Karli and the others, "I got it." Bucky says as he and John go one way leaving Sam and I to go the other. We stop for a moment before hearing gunshots and sprinting over to the source of the sound.

When we get there we see Batroc dead on the ground and Karli stood over Sharon who she had shot.

"Sam, stay back." She warns holding her gun up at us, "So, what's next, huh? You kill ten this time, then, what, a hundred? Where does it end?"

"Please, let us help you."

"Don't try and manipulate me."

"Karli, don't!" Sharon yells as Karli acts like she's about to shoot Sam, he quickly tackles her and tries to stop her as she fights him. I run over to Sharon and crouch beside her

"I'm not gonna fight you!" He says blocking her attacks, "Karli..." She doesn't listen and knows him down, "Stay down!" She yells, but he gets back up. "No."

"Sharon are you ok?" I ask lifting her shirt slightly so I could check out the severity of the gun shot, "Rosie, I'm fine, help Sam."

"I'll be the judge of that, Sam will be fine and I know you posed as nurse Kate but I actually trained as one so shut up and let me see." I say glancing back at Sam every so often but I was confident that he could handle himself.

"Fight back!"

"Stop it!"

"Fight me! Fight back!"

I get up once I see that Karli has grabbed her gun off the ground and is aiming it at Sam who's shield is laying on the side. "Karli." I say catching her attention and making her point the gun at me.

"Don't take another step!" She warns making me stop in place and raise my hands. "I won't, I won't but please we want to help you." Then all in a sudden a gun goes off but it's not hers.

Sharon has shot Karli, who falls back onto Sam's arms, I join him on the ground as he holds her. "I'm sorry." She tells us tearfully making me frown as I looked down at her, she was still just a kid. "Everything's gonna be ok." I assure her as I wipe her tears only for her to go still in Sam's arms a few seconds later.

***

Sam takes Karlis body as I help Sharon who was being stubborn about her wound, I let her go once I've gotten her to an ambulance and I've spotted Bucky. I make my way over to him, glad that he was ok.